I’m in for a long wait for results :(

Hey

Thought I would do a new post so it's near the top. I suppose it depends what part of the country we are in as to when we will get our results...

From another thread I decided to call the colposcopy department today to ask on the off chance if there was any news on my results even though I'm at around the 3 week mark. 
I felt awkward making the call but it's the first time I've 'chased' and thought what have I got to lose! 

Very nice on the phone but as soon as I asked and told her the date she said results are taking up to 10 weeks at the moment (in other words, no chance). She said because they have done so many procedures like mine (awake instead of general) they have a huge backlog. She appreciated it's not what I wanted to hear but said if it gets to 10 weeks and I've not heard anything then it's likely not bad news and I can call back to chase then! :( 

It really wasn't what I wanted to hear, can only hope that I receive them sooner! 

Oh no this is a long time but hopefully no news is good news? Just had my lletz done today and was hoping it would be sooner than that

I literally just came on here to reply to your other post, I just got my results back and it's been 3.5weeks! So definitely keep ringing, they said there is a backlog but they should be able to tell you sooner ?? I would ring every Monday and Friday and get them to check the system for you as 10 weeks is a very long time.  

wanted to let you know my margins came back clear and the results were cin 2 with parts of cin 1, so not even the original cin 3 that was suspected! I hope this gives you hope as I was so nervous and anxious and convinced I would have CC. I was so relieved I cried when she told me over the phone! 

Honestly just keep ringing, I called so many times that as soon as I said 'hello' they would say 'hello rachael!' Xxx

I can only hope this is the case but didn't come across that way, from reading others posts it does seem people get them at varying times so I think it depends where you are xx

I just saw and commented Rachael! So fantastic, I would totally have cried too!

She really made me feel as though I couldn't ring again.. like if you don't have results by week 10 then you can call and chase so I would feel very uncomfortable making another call :( xx

Ah honestly, I felt the same. I rang twice yesterday, once at 1:30pm and she said the results are in but need to be typed up, if I don't call you by 2:45 then I will call you tomorrow. Well... it got to 3pm and I thought I'm not waiting until tomorrow but felt silly calling again! Said to my mum I feel like an idiot calling twice and my mum was like so what just call! And thank god I did because they gave me the results, so I called twice in 1.5 hours. No one can blame you for calling and they are there to help and check for you. 

Plus next time you call you might get someone else answer the phone anyway! I would ring every week and not feel bad about it xx

Ok I'll see how long I can wait until I get the itch to call again, 10 weeks is the first week of March which is SO far away. The nurse who answered was one of the loveliest people with me on my first colposcopy so I was so shocked when she said that. Thank you as always I will deffo post updates as and when xx

Yeah the longer you can wait then the more likely they are to be in, but I would defo keep trying and just ask them to check because you never know! I hope you're feeling positive!

I still feel really strange today, I feel like these things take a while to get your head around so even when you're given good news and you're relieved, it takes a while for your mind to come out of the worrying feeling! I woke up this morning with the same pang of anxiety that I've had over the last few weeks and had to remind myself that I am ok! It's really strange xx

To be honest I'm not.. 

But I totally imagine how you must be feeling.. like is it really all over after all those days of worrying. It really takes over your every day life. No matter what anyone says you just can't help it. The mind starts to wander to the what if it is..

Im honestly so happy for you. I really hope you can say the same to me at some point in the next few weeks! 

I'm going to set myself little goals, so I will call again in 2 weeks if I've not heard anything then my brain has got a date to focus on? Xx

I know exactly how you are feeling, and your mind does wander, one minute you're fine and the next you're not. Waiting seems like forever and every day feels like a week! But it will come around. I think that's a good idea, and that's what I did too. I said 'I will call next Monday' and then my brain kind of let me forget about it until then! I would get nervous before I called and every time they said the results weren't in, I felt really disheartened, but then focused on the next date. So definitely do that, it helped me! 

I am confident I will be saying the same to you! I'm here whenever you wanna talk things through though, and here's hoping your worries are all for nothing! ?? Xx

Thank you so much x

Hey - just to say my hospital said it could take 4 to 8 weeks for results due to the situation at the moment and I got them back today 4 weeks on the dot. Hopefully it won't take as long as you think x

Hey! Hope you're doing okay? Just wanted to check in ? xx

Hey, have you had any news on your results? X

Hey lovely

Thanks for checking in! I'm still thinking about the results every single day. I know you know the feeling well.

I'm trying hard to change my mindset to the fact that it's taking longer means it's unlikely to be bad news. I'm now at 4 weeks and have managed not to call again (yet!). But I think I will probably call Friday and hope I speak to someone else. I just need to be told no then at least I know they aren't just sitting there.

The bleeding has finally calmed down, it's the least today it has been the whole time so I'm hoping this means it's going to stop soon!

I actually have a prescription to collect to go back on the pill which I can start straight away then at least I know it's not a period (I've had the coil for 2 years with no periods) but prior to that I was very heavy and irregular so part of me thinks I had a really bad period whilst healing too! Sorry if TMI, the hubby doesn't quite get it so it's nice to offload. 
x

Hey April, 

Unfortunately not yet. I'm going to give a little chase on Friday xx

Ahh I know the feeling, waiting is the worst part but I'm keeping everything crossed for you! I see lots of people that have bad results and they get called in a lot sooner. I honestly think if they truly suspected something sinister then you would know by now. Obviously this is just my thoughts, but keep positive as hard as that is! 

I would definitely call again today, hopefully they can give you an update and if not at least you know they aren't in. I was ok when I knew they weren't back, but once they were back I had to know straight away! Hopefully they take your name and actually check, I would try and push for them to check. 

pleased the bleeding is stopping, I bled until I went into my period and then when my period finished all the other bleeding did too, and I haven't had anything since then. 

don't worry about tmi, it's definitely good to talk about it! I actually had sex for the first time earlier this week since my treatment and I was so worried the whole way through (definitely didn't enjoy it as I was just waiting for pain ?) but luckily it was all fine so I feel confident I am healed properly now!! 

keep me posted and let me know what they say when you call today. Try not to be disheartened though, just focus on the next date that you will call back ?