I haven’t told my new partner

I’ve recently started seeing one. Previously I was in a relationship for over 10 years (3 sexual partner in total and I’m 34). We discussed stds and honestly it slipped my mind about HPV. I had a colposcopy last year due to having 3 positive smears (albeit no cell changes). Now I feel like I’ve betrayed him and feel like a terrible person. It honestly didn’t make me think at the time but we’ve been intimate numerous times now. We didn’t use condoms as I am on the pill. I was considering getting a private smear as I’m bleeding after sex (probably because I’ve started the pill). I’ve also book a HPV vaccination to cover any other strains I could get in the future. I just feel terrible and need some advice please.

I told him. I feel terrible. I’m worried he won’t want to be with me anymore because of it. He was understand but wish I said something sooner rather than later. I can’t go back in time though so I will just have to wait and see.

Hello Lonrah please don’t feel bad for not telling him sooner HPV is not a normal STD is good that you told him simply because of the moral support he can give you when going for Colposcopy or smears but rather than that there is no obligation on disclosing HPV. If he doesn’t come back to you I would say his loss . Please read the information from Gynecologist Anita she is brilliant the Gynea Geek she explains all so well take care.

Thank you, he seems ok at the moment but I can’t shift the guilty feeling I have.

Please don’t ,he probably already had HPV from previous partner we will never know men don’t get tested

1 Like

He is ok with it after all. The Macmillan page on it is very informative. I’m aware it’s not like other stds but I think the guilt of not being open and honest would’ve played too much havoc if we ended up dating long term. If I could turn back time I would’ve told him before we were intimate.

1 Like

Just hope this helps anyone in the same position as this forum is a lifesaver!

1 Like