HrHPV and past partners

Hey Ladies,

I'm hoping for some advice here

What're people's opinions with regards to telling past partners about high risk HPV?

I'm worried about a guy I slept with five months ago

There's no official guidance but..The consensus seems to be that since it's not possible to determine who you got it from or who you've given it too that you don't need to inform past partners

It makes sense but also doesn't sit right with me

If I tell a guy I was with theres no way for him to know if he has it, but it would give him the opportunity to be more careful with women. Although condoms don't really help with transmission anyway

So maybe it'll just give him anxiety forever more and I know he likes to sleep around

But then I think what if I don't say anything and he passed it to another woman who gets something bad from it

This is plaguing me so much

I guess I worry that this could come back to bite me in the future. I didn't get a letter for pap smear at 25 (i think because i've moved a couple of times even though I updated address with docs), so I booked myself in for one at 26. I just keep thinking, if only i'd gone at 25 this might not have happened and I would've been able to tell this guy if I already had it. 

I'm feeling so much shame and guilt

Hi

I understand your dilemma.  If this guy does sleep around a lot then I think you would probably feel better if you told.  He could be the one who infected you, or maybe not, but there is a big possibility that he has it.  What he does with the information is up to him.