Hysterectomy - preventative

I’ve tried to post on another thread but it won’t work so trying a new one. I have been advised to have a hysterectomy - I have had HPV for 6 years, numerous colposcopies and 2 LEITZ. I have persistent low grade abnormality and recently a high grade abnormality CIN2 following a biopsy. My consultant has suggested I have a hysterectomy. I am 60 so it’s not about children, but I just don’t have confidence that I have the full picture of what the consequences are – the things they later say ‘oh yes that happens after surgery’. I am confused as to what to do – part of me doen’t want the surgery, part of me thinks it’s better to be safe than sorry. I have a telephone appointment with the consultant in a couple of weeks, when I’m sure she will suggest I opt for the hysterectomy. Have any of you had different consultants giving different advice? I’ve only had the same consultant each time so only have had one opinion, and am not sure whether a preventative hysterectomy is the right choice and whether there are other options.