Hysterectomy for CIN II and CGIN

Hello,

It's my first time posting here. I was recently diagnosed with CIN II and CGIN and advised to have a hysterectomy since the biopsy didnt find clear margins but there was no evidence of cancer. My doctor advises a hysterectomy to be sure to eliminate the risk. I was offered another LLETZ but he said as they will take more of the cervix there is a risk of bleeding and that smears may not be that accurate since there wil be a lot of scar tissue. I have taken the holiday to think about it. As I am 43 and have two beautiful children already, i am leaning towards the surgery. But reading other stories on here and elsewhere I am extremely nervous of the op, the recovery and of not feeling the same again! Prolapse risk scares me as does a different sex life. My husband is very supportive but it seems like a radical step. Still better this than having to deal with another LLETZ and then have the op anyway, or deal with a cancer diagnosis at a later stage.

The op is set for Jan 29 but I can still change my mind he says. i'm working hard to finish all my outstanding work before planning for two full weeks off and then a slow return to work - i work for myself and at home anyway so this is possible. 

I'd love to hear from anyone who has been, or who is in, my position, and what you decided and how you coped? x

Hi Victoria,

I am 2 weeks post op, I had a full abdominal Hysterectomy for treatment of CIN3. After numerous Lletz treatments my cervix was too short to have anymore Lletz.  I am 37 and have children but I had my worries like everyone else before the op.  I can only reassure you that recovery is no where near as bad as I was expecting. I am  still recovering but everyday I am feeling more like myself.      Please stay off of google as I found myself reading all the possible things that could wrong when in reality it is a very very common operation with a small percent of women who suffer issues after. Follow all the advice you are given and you will be fine. Wishing you luck xx

Hi Victoria, 

I've just been browsing through posts and seen that yours hasn't had a response and your proposed op date was yesterday.

If you went ahead, I really hope it went well and that you're okay whatever decision you made. 

I'm afraid I'm only at the 'just after LLETZ' stage and don't yet know what the biopsies will come back as so I'm not able to offer any advice based on experience. 

Sending you lots of love xx