Please help advice needed re hysterectomy

Hello everyone

I have just been told I have CIN3 for the 2nd time in a year and the 3rd time overall. I am considering asking for a hysterectomy. Please can anyone advise if they had a hysterectomy following repeats of CIN?

Thanks

Hi there

I haven't, but my mum-in-law did. She was actually being treated for a cyst on her ovary (quite a large one) which needed removing. In common with most of the women in her family, she had pretty much never had a normal smear result in her life. Having seen her sister have multiple treatments for CIN, only to end up eventually being told that she would have to have a hysterectomy, she asked whether they would just do it when the dealt with the ovarian cyst. Her view was that she'd probably have to have one at some point anyway, and she'd rather get it over with in one hit/one operation.

The doctors were fine with that, and went ahead. She says she has never regretted it for a moment and actually prefers to not have the constant worry about what might be going on "down there"!

I imagine that if you think this is the best choice for you, your doctors will agree. In any case it appears to be what they recommend if the CIN just keeps on recurring, especially if you have completed your family.

Best of luck, and hope that you find a solution.

E

Thank you so much for your reply. I am seeing the oncologist tomorrow when I go in for my LLETZ procedure for CIN3. This will be the 3rd time I have had LLETZ so am going to try and push for it. So glad your Mum is ok and doesnt regret it. From readng online a lot of women are glad they had it done. Glad you are feeling well too : )