HRT to alleviate temporary menopausal symptoms of zoladex

Hi All,

This is my first post on the forum since finishing treatment for stage 1b2 cervical cancer at the end of August. I had chemo radiotherapy for 6 weeks and 3 sessions of brachytherapy at the end. My ovaries were also transposed (moved) up into my abdomen to try and save my fertility so I was given zoladex (3 month dose) to ‘turn off’ my hormones. It’s still wearing off - I’m in month 3.

My menopausal symptoms have been fairly manageable apart from insomnia. I haven’t slept for weeks/months. However, I’m not 100% sure this is caused by the zoladex. It’s been a long road to get here - I was diagnosed at 19 weeks pregnant and we lost the baby 3 weeks later. So I’m quite sure some of the anxiety I’m experiencing isn’t helping. However, the dr has offered me HRT - Elleste Solo - to see if that may help alleviate the insomnia. The prescription went straight to the pharmacy so I haven’t managed to speak to the dr about the side effects or long term effects on my fertility if any. I wondered if anyone has experience with this HRT to alleviate their menopausal symptoms temporarily? Did it work? Any long term impact? When did you stop taking it?

thanks in advance. Sarah