Hpv

So scared that i will have high risk hpv forever. I read somewhere that once you are infected you are infected for life is this true?

Hi!

It is true that once you're infected which hpv it'll stay with you forever HOWEVER most people(around 80%) tend to have been with hpv so don't be too scared coz most people you see has hpv Hence that's why doctors tend to recommend the hpv vaccines at the age between 9-13 years of age before their first intercourse To prevent the virus.

just keep your immune system up by eating healthy and also by being healthy to avoid the virus turning into full blown cancer. And you'll be fine just be sure to have regular check ups with your gyne

Hope it helps! :))

-Ariel

This is what I don't understand, normally getting something once and clearing it is the same as a vaccine.  So if a vaccine works then shouldnt actually clearing HPV with your immune system 

I was under the impression many many people get hpv but most of the time our bodies clear it on their own. So I don't think it's necessarily with you forever. That's what I was told anyway. Sometimes when our bodies can't clear it the cells transform into abnormal cells which is what the smear tests detect. That's my understanding anyway xx

I'm not sure their 100% sure, the gynaecologist herself admitted there is a lot they don't know when I asked her how I could have gone from just having HPV to severe dyskaryosis within 12 months and was that so,etching to worry about