HPV positive result next smear.

Hey, new here. 

On going for my 1st ever smear i was diagnosed with cin 3. I had 2 lots of LLETZ treatment to remove the affected area. When i received the all clear for abnormal cells i also was told i was positive for hpv. However i was told i was back to being seen in 3 years time. 

I mean in this time i became pregnant and have had a healthy pregnancy and a beautiful baby boy. They hospital wss really good at keeping an eye on the cervix throughout my pregnancy to make sure there were no complications after the LLETZ procedures.

So i have my next smear test coming up. And was reading the leaflet and it says i should have been having a test a year on for a positive hpv result. I was already dreading getting tbe result from my next one but this has pushed me over the edge. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? 

Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. 

Hello Cheekygemm

I cant help on what they should or shoudnt have done, however I would highly recommend talking to your GP to discuss this worry.

With a positive HPV result, the reason they ask you to come back after a year is so they can check your body is fighting it (like a cold) and putting the HPV into a dormant state, but with a pregnancy , this may be why they delayed it (hormones, birth, recovery etc). Additionally you had LLETZ, so this treatment may also affect your yearly review of HPV?

I hope you do get to the bottom of it!