HPV positive next screeing after 12 month

.Just recieved a letter they confirmed HPV positive , said it is a common virus and most people have it at some point in thier life without knowing . Usally goes away on its own. They said , they looked for abnormal cervical cells in my sample BUT they didn’t find anything and i’m current At low risk of cervical cancer . And spoke with my GP he told my trying not worring about it just lookafter your self and follow all screening . I’m really worried and anxiety I’m 34 yaer old and one daughter she is 10 year and husband still waiting For his BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT already very stressful life any suggestions and experience thank you in advanced 

Hi Sukhy,

As you already have read how common HPV is, I have it to! But what you gotta to look at is that you have no abnormal cell changes! Thats great news!

HPV is most likely to go away, in some people it can persist but the chances of you developing cancer is still very low.

As time goes by you learn to underatnd HPV and it wont be as scarey anymore. 

Its understandble you have concerns as you are going through such a stressful time already, a few month before I got my result I lost my sister so all I could think was negative thoughts. Part of me also felt so ashamed and dirty until i understood HPV. Now it doesnt scare me and i know when i have my 12 month check up ill be very open minded, the thought of it persisting doesnt really bother me as much as it used to now.

I hope this helps, best of luck with everyhting xx