Hpv positive low grade cells

Hi all, just looking for some advice. Had a smear results came back hpv pos and low grade cells. I have a colposcopy booked for tomorrow morning. I’m so scared I really am going out of my mind. I’ve not had a period for 7 months now. I’ve had bloods done to check for menopause but all came back normal. I’m 42 got 3 children and I’m so worried. This is the first abnormal smear I’ve ever had. Last one was in 2016 and was clear. Anyone ever experienced this?

Hi Sarah Jayne, i am 39 and never had an abnormal smear until this year. Last one was 2017. My periods have been fine but i have had slight post coital bleeding twice and a little abdominal pain. I had a colposcopy on Friday for CIN3 and they performed a lletz there and then. I was so very scared but it wasnt as bad as i thought. Just have to wait for the results now, he said if its all fine i just go back in 6 months for a smear xx

Thankyou for your reply Lucy. It’s just the not knowing that is driving me crazy. I can’t understand why I haven’t had a period for so long. I’m glad everything went ok for you, hopefully will do for me too xx

1 Like

Sorry just realised you are waiting for results. Fingers crossed for you hope it all goes well xx

1 Like

Thats definitely the hardest part not knowing and waiting xx

1 Like