HPV Positive & High Grade (Severe) Dyskaryosis

I stupidly missed my last smear, I'm now 32. Had one before but don't remember anything bad coming from that

i had my most recent smear on 8th December

I was told by the nurse (who didnt mention anything looked wrong at the test but i also didnt ask) that results should be back in 2 weeks

heard nothing until a letter came through on 21st January saying I have High Grade (Severe) Dyskaryosis & HPV positive

Appointment at Colposcopy on 2nd February. The waiting is absolute torture. I have eaten a few sliced of toast since the letter but have barely been able to stomach then. I am riddled with anxiety

to the point I have been online & ordered my own speculum to look at my cervix myself & I can see it doesn't look normal! There are a few white / yellow bumps near the entrance with a red area surrounding it. I am flummoxed as to why the nurse who did the smear test wouldn't have flagged this up or said anything at my smear

i've phoned colposcopy to try & get in sooner but I can't. I am making myself so ill, comparing images on google. Seeing that if there is a visible area of change to the naked eye along with these smear results, that it doesn't look good

i've also got a hesrt condition so i know i'm just making myself poorly. Can anybody tell me if they have had these results and whether you had visible changes to the naked eye? I'm also terrified as i missed my last smear

I am terrified, somebody please help x

Hi Aimee, 

I'm in a similar position. Letter received last week with the same results as you but I haven't had a colposcopy appointment through yet. 

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time feeling the changes and trying to see them by looking in a mirror. 

I can't get into a position to see my cervix but I can feel that it has changed. 

I must have spent about 20 hours researching so far and basically I think I'm just worrying myself silly. It's hard not to though isn't it?

I've read some people have to wait months for their colposcopy so I'm pleased to hear you have yours in the next couple of weeks. Please do let me know how it goes won't you? 

I'm sending you much love. Sorry I can't be of more help. Xx

Much love to you! Sorry I can't be of much help either.

hi there! i wanted to reach out because i know exactly how you feel! it's terrifying and i've been there. tomorrow is your appointment so thankfully the wait is almost over!

i had the leep/lletz procedure done a week ago today and i'm now waiting for the biopsy results. luckily i was able to have the colposcopy and the procedure on the same day, so i didn't have to wait any longer. i did have to reschedule my initial appointment though due to corona (i needed to quarantine) so i had to wait for two extra weeks, that was definitely rough. it's an emotional rollercoaster!

my cell changes were also 100% visible! even as a total amateur i could tell something was wrong. they showed me everything on a screen which was kind of freaky but also very interesting. the colors were off, like the healthy tissue was pink/darker and the abnormal cells were much lighter. when my GP did the pap smear in December he suddenly fell silent and didn't say much afterwards...i noticed it, but i didn't think much of it. looking back, it is possible he saw something. we'll never know and it doesn't matter anymore, because i received the necessary treatment in the end.

by the way, i'm 30, HPV positive (16 or 18 = high risk) and my pap was 3b/HSIL (i'm not from the UK). strangely enough, i'm not really stressed about the biopsy results (yet). so far, i did everything i could and now i'm simply hoping they removed everything. i also decided to get the first gardasil shot right away.

let me know how the appointment goes if you want! i am rooting for you!

Hi lovely

Any news for you yet? I received a phone call from my Consultant today. Of course immediately i though OH HELL they only phone when its bad news.

He was phoning out of courtesy as he remembered how anxious I was. Results from my loop came back & the changes were actually only CIN1!! No sign of Cancer & clear margins. Absolutely elated. Back for routine smear in 6 months 

Luckily he said he only used a very small loop and didnt take much away so hopefully shouldn't affect any future pregnancies

A but flummoxed as to how my smear test could come back so different!? But that's a rabbit hole I don't want to go down lol. I suppose it's better to be graded higher at the smear test & lower from the Lletz than the other way round

Hoping you're ok & some positive news comes your way soon xx

Hi Aimee, 

I'm so happy for you, that's amazing news!

From what I've read it's quite common for smear to show worse than lletz biopsy. I don't understand why, but it's brilliant news regardless. 

No news my end yet. They said 4-6 weeks because of covid. I'm on day 16 xx