HPV+ and single

Hi everyone

I’m sorry if someone’s asked this before which I’m sure they have. But I’ve recently had my smear results, positive HPV with mild cell changes so I’m waiting for my colposcopy appointment.

Something that’s causing me to worry is the fact I’m single and was hoping to meet someone in the not too distant future, maybe this year!

From my research us says HPV naturally tends to clear within 2 years. That’s 2 years where I can’t sleep with anyone and in that time I’ll be 33-34!

Any thoughts?

1 Like

There are a number of threads about this - please see the information pages on Jo’s Trust. This is a very common virus and around 80% of people who have been sexual active worldwide will probably have it or had it. It is the unlucky few whose bodies do not keep it suppressed and cell changes occur who find themselves on this forum! There is no guarantee that HPV is active or dormant - other than a smear test. I think most ladies would say do not let it get in the way of you having a relationship.

3 Likes

Hi, im in the sam position, and feel dirty and ashamed of my result. did you find any information on dating and how to go forward with your result?