Hpv and Coloscopy

Hey,
Just wondering if anyone had the same experience. I had a loop diathermy 6 years ago, i have now had 3 years running of HPV but no abnormal cells. I have my coloscopy appointment booked and really scared to go through this agian.
Has anyone had 2 procedures or nothing happen from the Coloscopy after 3 HPV positive results? Really need some expectations from the appointment! Thank you x

Im in same boat! 3 hpv but no adnormal cells :pensive: x

Hi Shelley, hope your ok. Have you had your appointment yet? X

Hello sorry do you mean that at some point after the loop you were hpv negative and then for the past 3 years you been positive or you been always positive after loop making over 6 years of positive hpv? Hope you don’t mind me asking.
I had treatment 6 months ago and I just had a colposcopy and is showing no abnormalities but still HPV positive .

Hello, i had abnormal smear 6 years ago had the loop. Then had no hpv, then the last 3 years tested postive for hpv but no abnormalities. Just wondering what they will do as im nervous about it. It’s tommoro! X

Hi Daisy, I am opposite was round, had visit to colposcopy 5/6years ago, nothing done had a look and said no concerns, then last 3 years been HPV +, last one also had cell changes in Oct, went to colposcopy in Nov, expecting the same, to be told they wanted to do a Lletz while I was there, bit of a shock to system. That said letter 6 weeks later, at weekend said CIN 1, which I think they have removed, and another smear in 6 months. Good luck for your appt, hope it goes well.

1 Like

Hello, thanks for your reply. Its never the same for anyone i suppose. Thanks very much x

1 Like

Nope friday scared to death x

Me too, hope you get on ok! Happy to talk afterwards if you need to x

Good luck for tomorrow hopefully it will still show no abnormalities. Do you know if the type of HPV is the same as the other one you had before? Maybe the one you have now is less aggressive than the other. Take care let me know how you get on

Let me know how you get on! Cant wait for this to be over! Ive a 2 year old and cant concentrate at all x

Hello, I had my appointment. Had a biospy today, so now have to wait for the results. It wasnt too bad just a little uncomfortable. Good luck with yours x

Thanks ive just got back no biospy needed just minor changes no treatment needed back for smear in 12 months x

1 Like

Oh thats great news! X

Thank you!! Glad thats over now to try and kick this virus! X

I wish i could say the same! Still anxious about whats next x

1 Like

Im sure you will be fine! Mine just flashee up no biopsy needed! Its weird that thing they use isnt it x

1 Like