HPV+ 3 years, first colposcopy

Hi everyone, I’m 30 I’ve had x3 HPV positive smears now (2020, 2021 and 2022) with no abnormal cells and was referred for a colposcopy.

She said it wasn’t urgent but I needed a biopsy, as I was going on holiday in 2 days she said they would book me another appt for this which has come through for 8th August. Ever since the colposcopy I have such a feeling of dread and wake up in the night every night convincing myself the worst. It’s worrying that whatever it is that needs a biopsy hasn’t been picked up in my smears

I’ve also had some lower right abdominal pain since my colposcopy which I’m seeing the doctor about today but that doesn’t help my worries.

I would really appreciate some positive support from anyone who’s been in the same boat - I don’t need any horror as I’ve already read them all.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can give me any support x

Hello Lyra please please stay positive you are in a good position no abnormalities for the past years so worst case scenario if they do find something will be extremely early definitely no cancer and for sure easily treated, best case scenario wait and see for another year and most probably your body will clear it.
The most important is to keep on top of the checks and never miss any ,you will for sure be fine
I had CIN3 and CGIN 1 year ago and I am good now .take care and enjoy your holiday.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, glad you are all good!!

1 Like

Just updating here as I know for anyone reading through old posts it’s disheartening when there’s no update so you’re not sure what happened afterwards! Had my biopsy this morning which was only mildly uncomfortable, the Nurse Colposcopist said she thinks there are low grade cell changes where we would just follow up in a years time but obviously only the results will confirm or deny that which she said will be about 6 weeks. I’ll keep this updated for anyone who is going through similar x

2 Likes

Hi Lyra, just wondering how you have been since and hope your biopsy was all good? I tested HPV positive and no abnormal cell changes were found on my smear March 2022 and March 2023. I have colposcopy the end of May. I have no symptom but worried sick thinking about what could be found. Hoping everything is good for you now,x