Hpv and CIN3

Hi everyone.
I had a smear test back in August, got my results back saying I am hpv positive and have abnormal cells, I’ve been in a relationship for 11 year so definitely have had hpv for at least 11 years but this is the first iv heard of it.
So in November I went to the hospital for a colposcopy…

I had my results back and I have hpv and CIN3 and need treatment in 5 weeks time. I am so scared that it might of turned into cc, I get random pains in my pelvis and really heavy periods. I am sick with worry. Any advice would be great thank you.
:relaxed:

Hi @Bumblebee1

Its certainly a kick in the teeth when you get that letter confirming you need treatment, my LLETZ treatment was completed in march also for CIN3

There are lots of things that could explain your symptoms, many of us including myself have convinced ourselves of the worst case scenario due to symptoms we experience but 9 times out of 10 its explained by something completely unrelated… CC only has symptoms when its advanced where it would be seen with the naked eye and with a colposcopy/biopsy confirming CIN only and no tumour, its highly likely CC would not be the cause of your symptoms

If it helps, i had a 9 week wait between my diagnosis and treatment, my cells didnt behave the normal way as they progressed quite quickly id went from borderline to CIN3 in just over a year, so the 9 week wait i was terrified it would turn and it didnt help that they told me prior they were looking for an invasion, but despite how long it took and the “fast” cell progression by the time my treatment was successful i still had precanverous changes only no cancer found despite my symptoms… a little contradictory here but even cells that progress quickly take time to progress lol xx

2 Likes

Thank you. Brilliant to hear the treatment was successful for you.
I’ve been reading other people’s experiences as well as your own and 98% are positive. Thank you for helping put my mind at ease, it so easy to go into over drive and think the worse. Xx

Hi! I’m new here and I’m a mess right now. So glad everything turned good and you are doing well. May I ask what symptoms did you have?

Hi @Elenasof

Thank you hun :slight_smile: my periods just went haywire, they became very heavy and irregular with spotting which wasnt something i normally had since starting them when i was 10 years old, that ranged from just a few streaks to where i wasnt actually sure if it was discharge or a light flow lol i couldnt go a week without having some kind of bleeding… i also had shooting pains down my left leg, this was put down to sciatica so not related to the bleeding lol xx

Hi there. I’m just curious to what treatment you had. I have just been diagnosed with cn3 cis & smile. It’s not cancer but high risk of it turning into cancer. I have been offered hysterictimi but also the pap screen again which I think I will do first. Xx

I’ve read that it can take between 10 and 15 years for cell changes to develop into cancer. Not sure how accurate that is

1 Like

Yeah the average is something like 3-15 years once CIN3 has developed, but there are some exceptions mainly as they dont always know when the CIN3 first presented itself xx

2 Likes