CIN3 biopsy

Hi I’m new here,

I’ll try keep it as short as I can.
In 2020&2021 I had my smears which came back hpv positive no changes, December last year it came back high risk hpv and mild changes, I had a colposcopy Jan 13th which she said looked low grade but she took 2 biopsies to be sure, that came back as CIN3, obviously I am petrified, I’ve finally had a date for loop treatment which is in 4 days, but I’ve been experiencing a lot of abdominal pain, pain during intercourse and odd bleeding for years before this, since my biopsy though the pain is worse, I’m extremely tired all of the time, and just in general feeling pretty unwell, did anyone else have this? Obviously I am worried about the outcome and I am hoping for a positive outcome but my mind is just telling me somethings wrong :frowning:

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hello! You have literally wrote my journey so far. HPV for 2 years 3rd smear HPV and abnormal cells. Jan23 biopsy and had my results 2 days ago to confirm CIN3 I have my appointment 9th march. I don’t have any advice but only to say you’re not alone, your feelings are valid and if you ever want to talk please let me know as I’m in the same boat as you. I hope all goes ok for you in 4 day.
Did they say you were having treatment or to discuss treatment and then possibly have treatment there and then? Xx

It’s such a hard situation to go through isn’t it, my mind is all over the place, I’m a mum of 3 little girls and I’m so scared, thank you so much for replying, I really hope you are okay too and I’m always here if you want to talk about it! I hope all goes okay for you!
They’ve said I’m having loop treatment but I’m guessing that could change on the day, I do truly think that if I didn’t keep ringing the colposcopy department and even sent a email to pals that I wouldn’t have gotten this far, I still haven’t received my biopsy results letter that was supposed to be sent out after I called for my results :frowning:

Same here! We should keep updated on the post to see how we go on! I had to chase my results no one answers the phone at the hospital it was just lucky that when I called the doctors for my pill I asked if they had my results and the receptionist apologised and told me I had an appointment typically the same day my letter came! how are you feeling about the treatment? It must be more of a worry when you have children too. I don’t have children yet but my husband and I want to try later this year I hope this doesn’t stop that because times ticking! I hope you have good support around you is anyone going the hospital with with? Xx

I will definitely update you on Monday after I’ve had treatment, I think having to chase results makes us worry so much more, people say no news is good news, but in our case it isn’t, I feel lucky it’s been caught at this stage, but still wonder how it’s gone from nothing to a severe case in a year! The wait for treatment is absolutely agonising too! I’m actually very very scared, after becoming so I’ll from the biopsy and the pain I had, I’m dreading it if recover is worse this time, but i have been told that due to my ptsd if I’m unable to cope during any stage of the treatment they will stop and book me in to be put to sleep for it.
I really hope for you that it does not cause complications when trying for a child, I’m not sure of all the risks etc but I’m sure you’ll be told about it all. I’m very lucky and have amazing support, my mum is having my children for me while I recover, she’s having them for 2 weeks bless her, my best friend is coming with me to hold my hand, how about you? I hope you have lots of support, this is a very scary time xx

Please do I’ll be keeping everything crossed it goes well and checking the post for an update so when you feel ready please feel free to drop a message back. Yes I said that the other day how you can be fine a year ago to now the highest grade it’s scary isn’t it! Thank god for smears! I’m glad I’m not the only one I’m just scared of the unknown, is this going to hurt? Can it possibly be more the pre cancerous cells? It hasn’t helped that you can’t speak to anyone until the day so you’re left with your thoughts. I have a terrible habit of trying to make light of situations which are not the best at my colposcopy I asked the doctor if I had a good looking cervix…. I think he thought I lost the plot!! Haha
That’s good that they can provide you that option in sorry to hear you have ptsd I can’t imagine the stress this is adding to that. That’s so lovely if your mum and I’m glad you’re having someone to go with! I do thank you my parents have been brilliant and friends. My husband is coming with me bless him don’t think he will know what to do but it’s just nice to have someone waiting for you. I have already said it will be a takeaway night that night haha it really is a scary time but it’s nice to know there is people going through the exact same scenario as me right now xx

Hi,

I’m so sorry I didn’t reply last time I felt overwhelmed, I had my procedure today, I’m in quite a lot of pain at the moment but I will be ok, unfortunately it has spread to my vagina wall, so the lump was taken off and sent to the lab, I should find out in about 4 weeks, if there is a meeting that has to be held it could take up to 4 months xx

Hi @Tam2 just reading your post did they say anything about your biopsy im awaiting results too but still early for me to get them the waiting is the worst part :see_no_evil:xx

Hi, I’m so sorry it’s taken so long to reply, I’ve been very unwell since my treatment, I’m still awaiting results from my loop procedure, I’m not sure how long it’s going to be until I get them sadly x

Sorry to hear your feeling unwell from it all if it helps im on week 2 an im not myself yet its taken its toll emotionally an physically too an the waiting on results adds to the stress sending you lots of get well soon wishes xx

I hope you are okay and hope you get better soon, the wait for the results is absolutely exhausting, it’s awful! The physical recovery part has been hard, I just miss my children to be honest, I’ve only over the last 2 days been able to get out of bed properly, I hope you have a super speedy recovery and hopefully you’ll be back to feeling normal soon xx