How long from pre op to surgery?

So after 3 years of constant smears and colopscopy and lletz it was decided on Tuesday that a total hysterectomy is the next stage and I'm now on the waiting list. Consultant said on Tuesday that it would be a  6-12 mth wait which is fine, but today (2 days later) I have got my pre op assessment appointment letter for the 23rd September so just over a week away. Alot quicker than I was expecting, my last pre op was done 2weeks before surgery at the same hospital so I can't see them doing a pre op then waiting a year to do the surgery? I know I will find everything out on the 26th but how long between the pre op and surgery has others waited? Is it possible to still wait up to a year after pre op? Thanx 

Hi 

Usually for a major op like a hysterectomy your pre op can only be at most about month before. 

I had my pre-op on 27th and hysterectomy on the 29th. I got a phone all on 23rd for the op date. 

Xxxx

Hi, thank you! I was thinking that there was no point in doing it so early then having me wait as things could change in that time and I would only end up needing another one. Now I'm wondering is there a reason it's being done so quick?? This whole thing has just been a complete mystery lol no matter how many questions I ask at the time lol I guess the 26th should clear up some more for me hopefully

Pre ops last for 14-16 weeks but this timescale can be altered depending on your own circumstances .  I think nhs guidelines say not to exceed 18 weeks.  (Guidelines thou not a definite)

my husband had had major surgery and it was 13 weeks from pre op to surgery date