My smear in July has come back HPV positive with borderline cell changes
Im booked for colposcopy this Thursday but I’m petrified :frowning:
I have health anxiety too which is making everything ten times worse
I was led to believe it would take years for HPV to turn cells abnormal
My smear three years ago came back fine
Thank you all xx

1 Like

Hi Cfryd

I’ve had HPV since I was 25 and have been going for routine smears every year. This one at age 27 - 3rd one in- came back with severe cell changes after a gruelling 5 week wait for my smear results. I was invited for a colposcopy.

I spent hours up late googling all sorts and fully convinced myself I was riddled with the big C.

I’ve had my colposcopy today, this was my first one, I’ve never had children so I had no idea what to expect. It was over within 35 minutes and the dr was happy he couldn’t see any abnormal cells or anything of concern. He took a biopsy to be on the safe side and j get my results in 4-6 weeks.

Please don’t be anxious about your colposcopy and stay off Google! The nursing staff are incredible and make you feel cared for and at ease, I could cry thinking about my nurse today. She was an angel, held my hand, wiped my tears and reassured me throughout.

It is a completely uncomfortable experience - but for the sake of 30 minutes it could completely save your life.

Take care of yourself and don’t worry too much, you will get reassurance xxx

Hello @Cfryd

I too like you have just recieved a smear result of hpv positive & low grade dyskaryosis and have been sent an appointment date of december 22 for a colposcopy. Can i ask how did your colposcopy go? X