High grade smear with CIN1? Very confused?!

Hi! I’m really confused! I had my first smear and was told I had high grade, went for colposcopy and had a biopsy. Results came back at CIN1 however on the results the Dr had handwritten that the CIN1 would not account for the high grade smear and I should discuss another biopsy or further treatment. I have been told I will be having LLETZ to remove the CIN1, but i am so confused as to what else could be going on? Has anybody else experienced this?!

Hi Froggy!

I also had hsil pap and CIN 1 in biopsy. They told me to come back in 6 months, and then I had a normal pap and no biopsy taken, but hpv was still positive. They told me to come back in 12 months, and then the pap was hsil and the biopsy showed CIN 1 again. They told me to come back in six months and then the biopsy showed CIN 2. So last November I had the leep with clear margins.

So I would not do the leep with CIN 1, because paps are sometimes wrong. Maybe the CIN 2 is not visible yet, but this means that you can wait. And maybe I would have cleared hpv in those 12 months, but the truth is that stress and anxiety did not help me at all and I truly believe that these negative feelings can make a difference.

Take it easy, give your body time, be happy and don't let fear or worry scare you. In case you finally need the leep, remember it's not something to be afraid of. You can tell your doctor to repeat the pap (with a colpo) in six months time.

Hi pipo,

Thank you! Its hard to stop your mind wandering! I will just have to wait and see on the 15th march, hopefully it was just some CIN 2/3 they didn't catch and remove it with more LLETZ! 

it looks like you had a prolonged Experience too! Hope your ok now?!

I'm ok now :) Margins were clear and I felt great right after leep (or lletz).

Good luck!