High grade CGIN and LLETZ later today

Hi everyone! 

New to this forum, so hello :)

I had a colposcopy a couple of weeks ago and a biopsy and was called earlier this week to come back for a LLETZ which is happening later today. 

I have such bad health anxiety and am crying as I write this. I'm so terrified and really looking for people to share their honest experiences. I'm wondering if because it's CGIN it will take longer or hurt more. 

I suffered from panic attacks for years so not sure I can cope with the elevated heart beat from the local anaesthetic. And I won't have my mum there because of coronavirus. 

Please share your honest stories good and bad  also nervous about haemorrhaging and ending up in hospital, then catching coronavirus being in hospital  

Hello RFrank

I had a lletz in September & like you I was really nervous beforehand but the staff are really kind & will put you at your ease and look after you. It really is not that painful & remember it is to look after your health. Hugs & let us know once it is done

A

I'm just waiting to go in and I'm so glad I saw this, thank you! 

Aw I'm glad I could help you. I would imagine you have had your appointment now. Hope it went as well as possible. Well done for being brave Hugs

A

It was ok! It wasn't my ideal Friday morning but I didn't need to be as anxious as I was! The heart flutter was brief and not like palpitations I've had in the past - more like I'd just finished a run. The nurses at the hospital were just amazing. 

Thank you again! What a difference your message made too smile

I'm so glad you feel better now and also that my message made a difference.  Take care of yourself.

A