Help an anxious girl out

Hi all,

I’m 26 and had my first smear a few weeks ago, last week i received a letter saying i have HPV and low grade dyskaryosis and need to have a colposcopy. I’m terrified that i have cancer as my mum had it. Anyone have similar results and all turned out to be okay?

Hey, im similar im 27 but had my smear in april when i was 26, i got my results on my birthday, i have hpv and high grade moderate dyskaryiosis, i went for colopscopy 16th june and now waiting for biopsy results but they susepect cin2, the abnormal cells is not cancer but it could turn into possible cancer in 10-20 years, what they are doing now is checking how many abnormal cells they are and they will either say watch and wait and have often smears or they may suggest lletz which is an outpateint procedure to take away the abnormal cells - i would do more research into that before you decide if thats right for you because it comes with risks… with you having low grade i can imagine that they will just watch and wait after the colposcopy and the cells may go back to normal on their own because of your age our hormones can create cell changes

1 Like

My Mum also had cancer and I have moderate dyskaryosis. I had my colposcopy yesterday and they confirmed that was what it was so treatment is booked for Friday
They said there is no evidence that this is hereditary which put my mind at rest. On a good day I can process this and on an anxious day I still struggle but it’s not nearly as bad as it was before I spoke to someone.
As soon as I had a number for the colposcopy department I called and spoke to a nurse. She was amazing and answered all my questions. I would maybe suggest that you call up and see if you can talk to someone there.
To put it into context I am super anxious about medical stuff and they managed to ease my mind. I am always better when I have the facts and that’s what they provided.

3 Likes