Hello. Newbie and just want some advice

Hi everyone,

Im freaking myself out a bit and i just wanted some reassurance and advice.  About 9 years ago i had CIN2 and had the bad cells burned off using the LLTEZ procedure.  All results came back normal after including my HPV test so i was moved to having regualar 3 year smears.  My last smear was last january and it came back clear but for the last year ive been having repeated thrush infections and UTI's.  I had a new coil inserted in october last year and since then I havent had any but for the last month or so i have had aches in the front and back just on my left side, irregular periods sometime spotting for about 4 days after sex and feeling like i need the toilet more often.  I took a course of antibiotics as they thought it could be a uti even though the dip test showed nothing and they havent helped.  I just had my wires of my coil checked and my docter noticed a red patch on my cervix, she said she isnt worried but is reffering me to the team who did my LLETZ just to get it checked out.  So now im freaking out, what could cause a red patch on my cervix?  The doctor said it could be scar tissue from the LLETZ but i havent had it mentioned to me in all the 8 years of having checks so i am assuming its a new thing.  What could cause this? Im terrified as im a worrier as it is and i have stupidly googled symptoms which i know is the worst thing i could do.  I know my HPV was clear but can that change at all? Sorry i know its a bit trivial but i just wanted some advice from people who understand.  Thank you in advance xx 

Hello,

I think it's normal to worry after previous treatment and it's sounds like a good idea to get things checked out so you can either get piece of mind or if it comes to it the necessary treatment. As my consultant has told me quite often there are many preventative treatment options and the main thing is to keep going back for check ups.

Try not to worry as it could be any number of things and hopefully you find out soon as the waiting for me is always the worst bit x

Thank you for the reply. My doctor said she wasn' worried but wanted it checked out but of course I'm terrible for worrying so that didn' ease my mind. Yes the waiting is horrible isn' it.