Sudden symptoms

Hi Ladies,

I've posted a couple of times on here but hoping someone may reassure me...

Cutting the long story short I had an abnormal smear April 2016 serve cell changes, high grade and I needed Lletz treatment in the May which showed CIN3. I had the check up smear this February 2017, so almost a year after the Lletz. The results from my smear this February showed borderline changes but no HPV found so back to 3 yearly smears.

Its been 7 months since that last smear and for the last 3-4 months I have been spotting after sex, have had night time back and hip pain (That's beginning to start during the evenings now too) and longer, heavier periods. Obviously I don't have the HPV virus therefore at the time of my last smear they said there's no need to investigate the borderline changes as I don't have HPV with it...should I be worried about these sudden symptoms? anyone else had this too?

thanks for reading x

Hi Jess,

I had locally advanced cervical cancer without any symptoms apart from haemorraging at the end. The symptoms are often vague anyway. It's a good idea to talk to your GP about your concerns and symptoms or even a gynae doctor.

Goodluck!

Hi Bexter,

Thank you for your reply, so sorry that your going through this. Yes I think I'm going to go to the doctors tomorrow and just have a chat with them and see what they say. Even if it's to put my mind at ease. My last smear results that showed borderline changes did say if I have any new symptoms to go back and see my gp.

And of course if it isn't anything serious, it still must be something to have checked out.

thank you.

good luck to you xx 

All the best Jess

Just an update, I went to the doctors today and she examined me. She said my cervix is a little swollen and obvious scarring there from the Lletz i had. I have to have a scan done to check further up, so should have an appt in 3 weeks.

Thank you xx

Jess,

I hope the swelling has settled down by then. Always better to get things checked out then to worry. It's not easy to see what's going on there! It's important for you own peace of mind to check things out when they don't feel right! 

Take care xx