Head is doing overtime

Hi everyone! Its been a while since ive posted on here although i always pop on to see how people are doing.
I was first diagnosed in june 2020 so just hit the 2 year mark all clear. I was diagnosed with stage 1b CC and underwent a radical hysterectomy and was lucky not to require any further treatment at that stage, however i was told due to invasive LVSI although i was all clear they couldnt give me that 100% we all want to here. So fast forward a year, i start getting pains in my lower stomach like cramping which would suddenly start, get worse over the next few days then suddenly just disperse and dissappear, CNS sent me for an MRI where the news was still all good, however they had picked up lymphoceles which they would have to see how i got on with. Anyway fast forward another year to now. Ive started with this awful pain in my right side, which if i stop moving around gets really bad, my tummy feels like it has loads of pressure building up inside and im getting an almost constant dull ache in my back. Again i updated my CNS at my last appt so she sent me for an ultrasound this time. This was 2 weeks ago. Tried to call her last week for the results but no response to her voicemail so as the pain was getting a bit much decided to contact the GP instead. Well not sure if its just mine or does anyone else find that if they go to there GP with abdominal issues there very reluctant to do anything apart from push it back to my CNS. Anyway i did however manage to find out my ultrasound results. So he said i had endometriosis on my ovary and surrounding area, and also fluid on my kidney, i guess that kind of explains the pains. However ive now finally spoke to CNS (different one as mine is on leave) and there now running bloods and sending me for another MRI due to past history. So now my head has gone completely into overdrive and im sat here convincing myself its back and its spread and its the end of the world for me etc etc, im sure you all know that feeling. Has anyone had anything similar or can someone just tell me to give my head a wobble as i know im possibly over reacting and being a drama queen but theres just this huge part of me that cant switch off from being negative about it.

1 Like

Hey, I’m sure they just have to be doubly careful given your history and I’m sure it is endometriosis. All the symptoms make sense!
Weirdly enough - I’ve had exactly the same thing happen… last week I had my 6 monthly scan check up and my left kidney showed fluid not draining properly. They’ve sent me for further scans - an ultrasound and Ct scan. They think it’s endometriosis but said they needed to make sure this was the case by double checking on the scans. I’m praying it is - like you, the symptoms point to endo and they’re confident it is but they just want to be 100% certain.
Good luck with you results. Life after cancer is far from straight forward isn’t it!! Xxx

1 Like

Hello, sorry you are feeling so worried. I have a friend with endometriosis and she get awful pain, she can barely stand at times. The symptoms definitely make sense. After the bloods and mri come back you will be ble to relax knowing all is fine xx