Has anyone had hair loss/thinning after treatment ended?

Hello - About 2-3 weeks after my last cisplatin chemo dose I noticed my hair started falling out at a much higher rate than is normal for me.  I am now almost 7 weeks since my last dose, and it's still going on.  I have no idea if this is related to my chemo or to my overall reduced state from treatment (I lost 20% of my body weight and was VERY ill).  Has anyone had this happen after treatment, and if so how long did it go on for?  I'm tired of having hair EVERYWHERE!

Thanks,

Nic

I’m 5 months post treatment and I feel there is a lot of hair in my brush. But not noticeable at any other time though. 

Thank you Carter.  I just did some research, and I realized the hair loss can be from anemia, which I have from chemo, from the rapid weight loss, OR it could be from menopause, which I was told I'd go into from the radiation.  I guess I'll just have to hope it resolves soon!  And hope my drains can survive the onslaught of hair.

Hi Nic, 

I'm 15 months post treatment and I remember I had a lot of hair thinning and it was coming out in wads after washing and brushing when I was about 2 months post treatment. I found the type of brush I was using didn't help, and was actually making it come out in clumps.  When I changed to a bigger paddle brush which seemed more delicate I hardly lose any now. 

Sorry if this isn't much help.

Hope you're doing ok xxx