Hair shedding

Hi just wondering if anyone has experienced their hair shedding…i finished my treatment of radiation and chemo Cisplatin a month ago im finding im loosing hair when i brush it …not excessive amounts but it is alot more than usual…i have long thick hair i got it trimmed a couple of weeks ago…has anyone else had this im getting a little worried thank u

Hi siom 

I had hair thinning 1 month after finishing cisplatin it wasn't noticeable till it started growing back as the new hair came back like baby hair In between the long hair so always had it tied back till it grew long enough everybody is different hope this helps 

love Michelle xx 

Hi Siom.  I'm experiencing the same thing now. I completed my treatment 2 months ago and my hair is still falling out. I do worry about it but am confident that the shedding with slow down. I wish I shaved it all off at the beginning now. Now I'm just crossing my fingers. My husband says he can't see any baldness, but I definitely can when my hair is wet and I can feel the thinness. Fingers crossed it will stop soon.

Hi girls thanks for the replies....yes its funny how its only shedding now i didnt have it at all while undergoing treatment...i think ill get another inch or two off mine next week might help ....i hoovered my room yesterday evening was shocked at the hair i gathered up... its like im malting hair.

Hi, I lost all of my hair on my 2nd bout of treatment but I have advanced cancer and had a high dose of chemo. Hair shedding isn't too worrying I wouldn't say it's when it comes out in lumps is when it's falling out - you get a hand full of hair that comes out when you brush. Don't worry if this does happen because I've not got a full hesd of shoulder length hair a year on - it's also come back thicker, darker and has a slight curl to it when I let it dry on its own. I've also found that my hair no longer sheds (it was always coming out before all this!) so don't worry if it does happen it grows back :-).

The baby hair is actually like baby hair really soft and fluffy lol! I'd also recommend using a softer brush and not brushing as much - unnessasary brushing or tying your hair too tight to allow your body to recover a bit at a time x

Hi Siom, 

I had the same treatment as u which finished july 5th. My hair has been malting like mad too. Everytime i brush it my brush us full of hair. It is beginning to slow down a bit now and its not that noticable. My hair was always my pride and joy (lol how vain does that sound?) And i thought i would notice the loss and how bad it was but its really not that bad. Just a bit thinner in places and only really noticable if i tie my hair back when its still wet. Hopefully yours will slow down soon too and be just fine xxx

I'm going for my 5th cistplatin infusion today. As of last week I'm having a lotn of shedding. Also my hair has turned really dry and brittle and is breaking off in places. This kinda makes me sad because I have always been known for my beautiful mane of a head. I'm definitely going to need a good trim after this and probably go a little shorter than I want to. But oh well. At least we are getting better.

Hi Girls,

thanks for all the replies.... NM I also am finding my hair extremely dry and brittle not the texture at all I had before I started treatment...I too would have had great interest in my hair I always took good care of it !!so thats why im so worried about it but a small price to pay if the treatment works!!  thanks again everyone x

I was told by my hair dresser yesterday as I had my hair cut - yay! So excicted to say that lol! And she told me that hair renews itself every 6 years which is why we shed hair, so when the hair that you have lost grows back (which it will) you'll have thicker hair for at least 6 years before the rices starts again! My hair is really thick now a lot thicker than before! X

If the photo is anything to go by you do indeed have a wonderful mane! :-) This will return and you will be fabulous again don't you worry :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli