Cisplatin questions and end of chemo check up

Hello I am on my 5th week of 6 weeks of Cisplatin. I am feeling pretty rubbish now and my hair is falling lots now. 

I was wondering if anyone could give me any info from their experience as to how long it took to recover from Cisplatin and if they too suffered hair loss how long did it continue after the treatment stopped? i guess i am wondering how long the chemo is going to stay working in my body and making me feel yucky? I'd like to be able to plan some fun stuff but don't know how long it will be until i am better. 

Also my last treatment is next week yet i don't have a check up until the 28th of September. Is this a normal time scale?

I had a radical hysterectomy in February and had a post op check 6 weeks after that but have not had any other checks since then. 

Thank you. 

Hi I may be able to answer some of the questions you have having been there and got the tshirt so to speak.. Please do remember everyone reacts differently to treatment. I was told that the first 4weeks after treatment can be the worse for side effects. cisplatin stays in your system for up to 6 months. Whilst I was having chemo radiation I didn't see my gyne until I had finished treatment. If you are UK based try speaking with your cns and raise your concerns. I had a little thinning of hair but nothing noticeable.

keep intouch with how you are doing.

You are nearly there well done..

take care helen. 

I've just finished with the same chemo I've been feeling ok other than slightly sick. I've been told I get s check up 8 weeks after treatment and a scan 12 weeks after.