Had my colposcopy and Lletz together today

Hi All,

Not long got home from having my colposcopy. I’ve been so terrified it’s unreal, the pressure has really got to me.

I have had all the symptoms pointing to CC since April and previous years but my smear three years ago was fine but the one I had end of October showed high grade severe dyskaryosis, letter received around a week and a half later. I had my colposcopy scheduled today which was a week and a half after the diagnosis letter also.

I had three ladies in the room who were lovely, the lady performing the colposcopy spoke to me about severe dyskaryosis and she may find its not that bad when looking but she will be performing Lletz as its shown severe in the smear test. Told me if I was needed to come back in to have it under GA that it would only because the area is difficult to get to and for safety reason it would be better under GA if that were to be the case.

I got onto the chair and I was shaking uncontrollably, even been taking Rescue Remedy which did bloody nothing to help! They go in like a smear test with the camera screen next to you. I was so nervous and started crying as the pressure got to me, all the questions I had went out the window. I calmed down and she said she couldn’t see any nasties and not to worry. She explained how I will be injected and they will give me adrenaline also to stop any bleeding. To be honest, the injections were nothing and I had three. I had hypnobirthing because of my fear of everything and have a needle phobia on top but because of my fear of having CC, having injections didn’t bother me that much. It really was fine, having your vagina opened is worse really. I did not feel the actual lletz procedure just the feeling of something touching the area. Was nowhere as bad as I thought. I was very shaky after and only because of my fear I’ve experienced since the dyskaryosis letter and that relief I felt that this part was now over.
I can’t say I’m totally relaxed as I don’t know what is going to come back in the results. But I feel a bit better and hope all is okay.

Just wanted to share the colposcopy and lletz experience, it really isn’t bad at all.

Tanya X

Thank you tanya this has made me feel alot more at ease.. i am awaiting resulta but think il be going for the lletz procedure.how long did it take ? X

Ah I'm glad my post helped you. The actual Lletz took around 10-15 minutes, we were talking throughout. I can't believe how straightforward it was. It's more just intrusive as you have your legs and vagina wide open but I'll take that over pain any day!

Hi I'm new to this page, I had a normal smear 3 years ago, this time (September) I was found to have moderate high risk diskaryosis, never been so scared in all of my life and could only think worst case scenario. Google is the absolute devil, would not advise it to research any medical terms!!! I had my colposcopy and LLETZ treatment on the same day 16/11/16 which went pretty straight forward, wasn't as bad as I expected and would definitely say the whole emotional side of it and the waiting is the part that literally tortures you the most. my ordeal feels far from over and I am just waiting on my results now. since the procedure I haven't had any bleeding just a very watery discharge which keeps flooding out. 5 days later and I'm now experiencing a tender stomach with an ache that is going through to my back. I haven't done much resting since the procedure due to work and a busy lifestyle so I'm hoping this is just a knock on effect now telling me to rest rather than it been anything sinister, I'm sure I'm not the only one who now worries any pain I'm feeling may be cancer related. worst time of my entire life, really feel like I have so much to worry about..

I havent had any bleedingNas such just browny discharge. Had cramps first two days and now its very slightly tender.

i had mine done Thursday and called the hospital today to see if they had results as I'm going on holiday Wednesday, which is a lie!! It torments women having to be so patient for results. Secretary said there was nothing to say any testing had taken place yet but she will call as soon as. 

I'm glad it all went well Hun I had my colposcopy done two weeks ago and there biopsies taken from me was never told what cin or anything just that it's definitely pre cancer and that I would need treatment phoned hospital today and still no news I'm crap at waiting!! I'm so scared I hate needles so scared of that and even more scared of being told its that awful word! Hope all goes well for u both xxx