Had LLETZ today.

Hi girls,

I had LLETZ today for a high grade moderate dyskarosis smear result. The doctor said that most of the cells in my result were slightly abnormal but some were very abnormal. 

He did the LLETZ and took quite a chunk away. My cervix didn't look like I thought it was going to. It was bumpy looking, which worried me some but it's probably my anxious mind overthinking. 

At one point he was saying to me "you can have a smear in 6 months and I'll write to you within 4 weeks" but towards the end he said "I'll write to you and we'll take it from there" am I overthinking this? 

I forgot to ask questions. The only question I asked was if it looked like CIN 2, but he said CIN 2-3. There was a patch of higher grade cells nearer to the opening. 

I'm going to try and put this behind me now, but think I'm just overanalyzing everything. 

Emma x

Hi,

I had LLETZ at the beginning of February and you do have to wait 4 weeks for your results which will then determine the next steps. 

I also had CIN 3 removed and if the results show clear margins then I will just need a smear in 6 months but if there isn't clear margins, i.e. there's still abnormal cells left, I will have to go back to have a 2nd LLETZ treatment approx 3 months after I had the 1st.

I imagine it will be a very similar situation in your case so you shouldn't worry too much. 

X