Good news does come after LLETZ

Hi all, just wanted to share a positive story from all of this. There are many negative ones simply because people recover and move on and i know how hard it is recieving abnormal results and seeing lots of scary posts.
I had my colposcopy 4 and a half weeks ago, the nurse decided they would remove the abnormal cells There and then. The whole procedure was no where near as daunting as i expected and i recovered Well.
Just recieved my results this morning after a long daunting wait and it tells me i had CIN3 (not CIN2) as Thought. The abnormal area was completely successfully removed and im back to 6 month checks.
Praying it stays clear now but im hopeful and im going to enjoy Christmas now with my family and relax!!!
I dont suppose anyone knows the answer to this, if my letter just says the abnormality was found to be grade 3 CIN does that mean i have been tested for HPV and clear of it as theres no mention of it? I’m 28.
Also i have a long term partner and would like to resume our sex life but i am worried if this virus is present is it possible for him to pass it back to me now my abnormal cells have been removed?

Congrats to you.  Happy for you.  I'd like to know the answer to this one too as I'm one step behind you.  I don't know how you lucked out having both procedures done at the same time - wish I had your Dr!  Subscribing to your post in the hopes that I'll see someones reply with an answer - I think that's how it works ... All the best for the holidays!

Hi thankyou for that, hope everything is Well for you too. 

My doctor did say if things look okay we can watch and wait so im really glad it was enough to need both done there and then! Must be horrendous having to go back more than once with a head full of rubbish Google scares and no idea about any of it!  Considering visiting my GP next week to ask all my unanswered questions so il be sure to let you know that they say.

Best of luck for the future now :-)

Your boyfriend cannot pass the virus back to you. You probably still have the virus, if you have it. They should of tested for it. Sometimes the virus does go away on it's own but there is no cure. If it goes away I don't think your boyfriend can give it to you again. If he or a new sexual partner has a different strain of HPV then you had that one could be given to you.

Hi,

Should i presume i do have it due to CIN3 result, just there was no mention of HPV anywhere on my letter. All it Said was all abnormalities removed..

Its so confusing.