Getting confussed ct scans and much more

Hi all.

OK had a ct scan today. Yesterday they gave me a start date for 27th .
When I had my ct scan today my consultant ended up making me go up to have another one. As they found some nodes in my chest.
She said it’s prob not cancer as with cervical cancer works it way up and my pet scan was fine.
She’s going phone me back tomorrow after she spoke to her other consultant’s. And take it from there.
Anyone had this.or can stop me from stressing please

Many thanks secora xxx

Hi secora

aahhhh the stress of all of this is absolutely crazy. Try not to think the worst. The technician is right about the fact that most of the time cc travels upward so I'm pretty sure whatever they are seeing in a ct is just a weird little abnormality that has always been there but has never been discovered. there are many things it could be. Stop yourself from googling as if you go that route you'll diagnosis yourself with something totally crazy or be convinced your doomed. Distract yourself with something easy like some movies. Do try to stay positive. :)

Hi Secora :-)

This is fun isn't it! :-) This is the kind of thing that happens all the time with follow-up scans. Our bodies are amazingly complicated and there are all sorts of funny things going on all the time. Now that we have these incredibly detailed scanning machines we can see all sorts of stuff and all of it needs to be checked out just in case. It took me years of scans before I got one that didn't have something interesting that needed to be checked out. Try not to stress.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli