First Smear Test after LLETZ

Hi everyone, 

I haven't posted on here in a long while. I had my LLETZ procedure in August last year, and in September was told the abnormal cells had been removed and that I'd be invited back in 6 months for a smear test. 

I've just got the letter inviting me for the smear, and I am absolutely petrified. Feeling really emotional and scared. I hope it's fine this time, but it's so stressful. What if they find CIN again? 

Just looking for some reassurance and support really :(

I just went through back in December and I can relate to the nerves!! I was so terrified but it ended up being all good and I can return to normal yearly smears.... It's such a relief when it's all over though. Big hugs! i'm sure your appointment and results will all be positive!! 

Hi hun, 

I am in exactly the same position, I have put off making the appointment for a couple of weeks but I have bitten the bullet now and it's all booked in for a couple of weeks time. I haven't felt the same since my treatment and I'm petrified of it all happening again. I'm getting emotional just thinking about it. I've no idea if this is normal as I find it hard to talk to people about.

Fingers crossed for you hun, let us know how it goes xx

That's really positive to hear - glad it went well for you! The nerves are the worst but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's felt like this! X

Good on you for booking it! Fingers crossed for you. I think it's normal to feel like this, but important that we use resources like this forum to realise we are not alone. Thanks for sharing - comforting to hear about other people in the same situation. Fingers crossed for you too xx