Lletz results - good news!

Hi everyone! After an agonising 3.5 weeks wait for my lletz results, I called today and they were in. Smear results were 'severe abnormalities - high grade pre cancerous cells', had my colposcopy the very next day and cells removed via lletz. 

The results today came back as mainly CIN2, with parts CIN1 and clear margins - need to go back in 6 months for another smear to check they haven't returned ?? So the results weren't even CIN3, so not as bad as I was expecting!

To say I am relieved is an understatement, I cried when she told me and I have never felt such a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

I wanted to share this because over the last 4ish weeks, I have googled everything, panicked that I will have a really bad case of CC, convinced myself that my results will be bad and got myself really worked up. Even when people tell you that you will be fine, nothing makes you feel better until you have the results. This forum has been so helpful and comforting to me, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to a message or shared their experience, because to feel like you're not alone is such a lovely thing. I wish none of us were on here, but being able to relate to other people who understand your feelings of anxiety and dread, really is helpful. 

Anyone else still waiting for results, or waiting for their lletz treatment, I hope the wait isn't too long and that you are all given good news! I will probably still come on here to read the posts and offer support, it's a great community of caring women. 

All the best! 
Rachael