First Smear Results Paranoia

Hello,

I had my very first smear test aged 25, on Monday. I knew that it was important to go, so I went.

Sadly my first experience was a little distressing. I don't blame the nurse, but it seems my anatomy worked against me.

Despite the nurse being very calming and soothing. She appeared to have trouble finding my cervix and she had to resort to using a larger spec.

At that point I think I tensed up, she asked me to get into another position and it hurt. It didn't hurt with the smaller spec. 

It was over with quickly. However, I found out that I bled a little bit and freaked out! She reassured me it is normal for some women to bleed. Other posts on this forum seem to confirm that. 

So I went on my way...

But...waiting on the results? Seems to be quite hellish. Worse than the smear itself. I'm jumping whenever the mail-box goes and I'm anxious to look at my phone.

I keep on googling and playing back the experience in my head. Did the nurse see a dodgy cervix? Is the bleeding a warning sign? Do I have cancer. 

I know it sounds so pathetic. But I need some comfort and tips on how to deal with this. So that next time I can deal with the smear better.

No prior symptoms, no bleeding/pain during sex and I did have the jab before becoming sexually active. So I do have some protection...But I have so much anxiety and paired that with how she had trouble finding my cervix has added to my worry.

Please help. I don't want to be put off from going again. :(