worried after my smear

Hi everyone, I'm 26 and had my first smear test done today by my gyno. I have been having pain during / after intercourse and bleeding after too. I've been having irregular bleeding and recently noticed something lumpy on my cervix, I went to my GP who told me their was nothing there. I took a speculum home and took a picture of it to prove I wasn't imagining it. Well today I told my gyno all this and she didn't look too reassuring. Have I got anything to worry about? I'm dreading the results :'(

Hi rachel, just wanted to say to you that there are a lot of people around who are going through similar sorts of situations and that I know it is a horrible time. I can't say much to reassure you I'm afraid, but I wanted to let you know that if it turns out you need further investigation or treatment, there is lots of support here. I hope it all goes well for you and you won't need it!

Without going into too much detail lumps and bumps can mean anything and most of the time it means nothing at all. The main thing is you've gone for your smear so the rest i'm afraid is out of your hands for now. I know its scary, especially if you start convincing yourself there must be something wrong but you've done all the right things up until now and what ever the result may be in the end it will all be sorted out. There will never be a time when something cant be done about it, just remember you are not alone, we are all on this site for the same reasons and there will always be someone here who has been in the same position as you. Always here if you want to talk through your results