First LLetz

Hello all you amazing ladies

I had my first LLetz on Wendesday following a colposcopy and biopsies two weeks ago.   I did not expect it to affect me so much.... feels like half my cervix has gone and I feel really emotional.   Now awaiting results.

I just wondered how other ladies felt after this proceedure... I have read people discribe it as a 'walk in the park'. I felt totally un prepared for how much would be taken and how it would leave me feeling. 

Sorry to be glum!

Hi Mimi 

Didn't want to read and run... totally understand how you would be feeling, it can be very emotive. I had 21mm x 23mm x 15mm removed which was pretty much half my cervix. It would make sense that a smaller lletz will affect people differently to a larger lletz.

I felt quite wobbly for a few days and there was no way I could have gone straight back to work the following day or even the following few days. 

Please be assured that you will feel better as time goes on, I felt back to my old self once the bleeding stopped which was about 4wks in, though I was still healing inside even at that point.

You have had an operation, so be kind to yourself and take the time you need to recover. It will get better :-)

All the best xXx

Remember that everyone's bodies react differently to proceedures, so there is not right or wrong way to be.  Comaprisons are normal, but not overly helpful, so just listen to your own body and give yourself a lot of rest and grace.  As for the emotions, I am an emotional creature and events in my life always take on deep emotional significance.  A lot of times expereinces that don't seem to bother others at all affect me for years. So, journal or talk to someone, but don't feel badly about how you feel.  One of the hardest things about CIN and CC is that it affects such a deeply symbolic and deeply useful and necessary part of our anatomy.  I think a lot of people look at a LLETZ and say no big deal, but it is a big deal.  So, take care of yourself and feel what you feel.  Sending you my best energy!

I was very emotional after mine and cried. I was also exhausted for two days and just felt down because of the procedure. It slowly started to go away after a couple of days. Hang in there and heal! Some take it differently than others and that's okay! You do you and take that time to be kind to yourself.