Just had lletz!

Just back from lletz! it was emotionally very difficult and the injection was painful but quick. Actual procedure was more psychologically disturbing than anything else- made sure I told them I didn't want to see my seared flesh sitting in a pot!! They removed 1.5 cm across, 1cm deep. Followed somebody's advise on here and asked 1) can she see sign of cancer (99% no), 2) was she confident she had removed all abnormal cells (yes), and 3) did everything look as ok as could be expected (yes). I also asked if it would still look neat, like a cervix and she said yes, it's one she would put on her cv!! She has allayed my fears slightly although being a pessimist, there's always a chance. Sorry I have posted such long, rambling, miserable posts this past week. It has been an outlet for me and, while I hope most women don't freak out as much as I have, at least you know there's a spectrum of how people deal with abnormalities. Will let you know my results! Lots of love and luck xxx

So glad it was OK for you - and I agree that the treatment is psychologically worse than anything else.  I had mine for CIN3 about 12 days ago now and actually finding the results wait the wworst bit as so scared that they will find some cancerous cells.

Sounds as if your doctor was fab - mine was OK and said she wasn't expecting to find anything else but that there was a chance.

Good luck and hope you recover well and quickly

xx

Hi Kh27 :) Without trying to sound strange i'm really proud of you for going and getting it done, i know from your previous posts how anxious you were and good on you for facing the fear! I wish you all the best with your results and hopefully you can find some time to relax a little bit and put your feet up, you deserve it! xxx

Hi KayS, how are you feeling 12 days post treatment? I'm supposed to be going on hols in 10 days, is the bleeding bad at that stage?! At the moment I feel slightly crampy, but more in my back than a period pain and I feel so relieved the lletz is done now. My diazepam is prob still helping (see other posts!!) but I'm feeling a bit more optimistc (not too much though, don't want to tempt fate!). I hope I never have to go back to Colpo though- nurses were lovely but I was a bit intense today, spouting statistics etc! I don't think I'm one they will forget! Just hope it's over with and hpv buggers off too xx

Thanks Jojo84, you were one of many who have really helped me on this forum. So many people going through such difficult stuff and I appreciate the replies and the support that comes from people with personal experience. I hope it's not cc now but i know I'll be hoping that again for my 6 month check and beyond, as will everyone. Hpv- the gift that just keeps giving!! Xxx

Hi

Please don't worry - I am fine - I had a bit of cramping on the day but was fine the day after.  I had no bleeding at all until this weekend when I have been bleeding slightly - very tiny amount and nothing horrid.  Everyone is different I think and some people bleed straight away and some a bit later like me - hopefully you will be all OK for your holidays.  Have a great time and try to relax.

Do pay attention to the advice they give you though - and don't do any hard exercise or anything as it may seem as if all is totally fine immediately but I think nearly everyone has a bit of bleeding at some point.

Good luck with your recovery and results and take care

xx

Hi Kh27,

Ah I'm glad it went well :) and it sounds like it was a success so fingers crossed all is good.
@KayS I am also finding the wait horrendous, I am feeling overwhelmed and I know stress doesn't help, but I'm pretty stressed out. Trying to stay busy but somehow I'm still crying a lot. 
This forum is the only thing keeping me sane.. I keep having dreams and thoughts of being told I have CC, and then I get angry and upset thinking that those kind of thoughts are going to 'create' the negative outcome (ridiculous I know, but that's how much of a whirlwind my mind is right now.) My other half and I want a baby in the next year so for me the biggest worry is anything affecting my fertility.. I'm desperate to have a baby and the gyno has told me I already have to wait 6 months after lletz and that's assuming I need no further treatment :( I hope so badly that nothing affects that - my dream is 3 or 4 children at least and before all this happened we were going to wait until we're married, but that's no longer a priority, suddenly a baby has become next on the agenda.
Sorry I know I sound really negative, I'm just having a bad 24 hours. On a good note, it's been 5 days since my lletz and I've had no bleeding or pain, so hopefully it stays that way. Fingers crossed for all of us xXx

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result
Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks