Feeling worried

Hi, 

Sorry new here, but turned to Jo's for information in the past so this was my first point of call. 

Just wondered about others experiences and how mine compares.

Abnormal smears started 15 years ago, I had a smear come back CIN3 and had laser treatment (not sure the proper name), this was followed by smears at CIN1 level which they left (subject to six monthly colposcopies which I had for a couple of years). After I had my first child 9 years ago my first colposcopy came back clear, I was then moved to yearly smears and had three clear ones, now on the standard three yearly smears (last one over 2 years ago). Never been told I had HPV, this has not been discussed with me, but things might have been different when it first happened 15 years ago. 

Over the last six months I've had various problems, back pain, bleeding after intercourse (only mild), painful intercourse (just very sensitive), bloating but the worse thing is the smell! I can only describe it like cabbage! And ammonia, my discharge is just like water these days and sometimes the cabbage smell is replaced with ammonia! The discharge makes me feel like I've wet myself sometimes. I've had swabs for infections etc. done and these were all clear. 

Been to the GP, she looked at my cervix and said she could see what looked like cervical ectropion - she said it didn't look like cc (I hadn't mentioned that to her, I thought it was prob a bacterial infection but that came back negative). Anyway, she said the ectropion was slightly unusual as I was not on any form of contraception (apparently this can increase the chances), but said nothing to worry about and sent me away feeling I am making a fuss about nothing lol. 

Anyway, the smell is driving me bonkers and my son even noticed it, he was like what's that smell near you. I called dr. again, this just isn't normal, I shower daily and it's still there after a shower. I mentioned my history of abnormal smears etc. and asked could I have a smear, she said she couldn't do one as the system doesn't let you but she would refer me, she felt it was nothing to worry about. That was a few weeks ago now, just waiting for my appointment. 

Has anyone had cervical ectropion, could this be causing the smell - did they do anything to treat it? Thanks, Ellie xxxx