Feeling confused and anxious!

Had my first smear test when I was 25, this came back abnormal so I had a colposcopy where they did a biopsy. This came back CIN1 and HPV+. I was told to have another smear the following year. The second smear test (at age 26) came back abnormal, so was sent for another colposcopy. They again did a biopsy, which again came back CIN1 and HPV+. Once again I was told to repeat the smear test after a year. Then when I was 27 (late last year), I had my first regular sexual partner in 6 years and I started bleeding after sex, pretty much every time. I also experienced some bleeding between periods and had very unusual discharge (for me), so I went for an early smear test (wasn’t due one until June 2016, but I went in February). I was living with my boyfriend in Ireland at the time, so it was all done through the Irish system. This smear came back abnormal, but I was clear of any STIs. I was sent for another colposcopy (in April 2016), where I had another biopsy. This time, the results came back CIN2 and HPV+. I was told I would need a Lletz treatment and was scheduled for 10th June, but I already had the whole of June booked as a holiday in America so it was rescheduled for 5th July. When I got there, they had another look at my cervix using the colposcopy and then decided they needed the consultant to come and see. The consultant said it would be better to do a cold coagulation and so that was the treatment I received. They told me I would need a follow up appointment in January 2017. I knew at this point that I was moving back to the UK (my boyfriend had become emotionally and physically abusive) and so they printed out my notes (and some pictures of my cervix) to give to my GP.

When I went to see my GP last week to arrange the appointment for January, I gave her my notes and she read through them and looked at the pictures and then said “Oh this is very, very bad. I’m referring you as an urgent case, I’m writing the letter to the gynaecology team right now as we speak.” I obviously looked a bit shocked, because I thought everything was basically dealt with, and she said “Did they not explain it to you in Ireland?” I thought they had but no one had said it was “very, very bad” so I guess they didn’t!! I then had a phone call from the hospital a couple of days ago to tell me that they had an appointment on 29th September for me, and could I make that because they didn’t want to waste time sending out the letter and then me not being able to come and then having to rearrange

I received the letter confirming this appointment today, but on it, it says “An appointment has been made for you, pending clinical review” - what does this mean?!

Also regarding my notes, I have no idea what most of it means so if anyone could help me out I’d appreciate it! I tried googling it but all I was finding was either irrelevant or so technical I didn’t really understand!

14th April 2016:
Vaginal Abnormality - No
Pelvic Abnormality - No
SCJ Upper Limit Seen - Yes
Satisfactory Colposcopy - Yes
Colposcopic Appearance - Normal
TZ Size - Small
TZ Type - 1
Colposcopic Impression - Normal
Biopsy Performed - Yes, Punch Biopsy
Results of Biopsy - CIN2, HPV+

5th July 2016
Vaginal Abnormality - No
Pelvic Abnormality - No
SCJ Upper Limit Seen - Yes
Satisfactory Colposcopy - Yes
Colposcopic Appearance - AWE
AWE - Dense
Punctuation - Fine
Gland Openings - Yes
TZ Size - Small
TZ Type - 2
Colposcopic Impression - Low Grade CIN
Treatment Performed - Yes
Treatment - Diathermy Destruction

Sorry this is such an essay, I just don’t really know what’s going on!