Fed up with HPV and abnormal cells constantly returning

Hi I’m 41 (42 soon) for the whole time I’ve had cervical screening tests they always show up with abnormal cells and HPV the only time it has possibly ever been clear was a long time ago after treatment and then came back again.
In 2018 the biopsy showed cin3 so they did yet another LLETZ treatment which came back that it had gone down do cin2.
On 30th November I had my recent cervical screening test and on then on 17th December the results came stating that I have HPV and high grade dyskaryosis. The same day I received the appointment for Colcoscopy which was booked for 21st December.
At the colposcopy she said from the beginning of the appointment that she thinks that she would not treat me that day due to my history. She took 3 biopsies, said that my cervix was too high to do any treatment if they wanted to anyway and she will contact me when she got the results.
It was driving me crazy waiting so I rang the hospital today and left a message. One of the nurses called me back to say that there is a letter on its way to me which was sent yesterday along with an appointment time for a telephone appointment on the 24th January. Then she said that the lady who took the biopsies has “thought overnight” about it and has decided that I should go for a face to face appointment with one of the doctors instead of the telephone one.
I let the nurse know that I am so fed up and worried with something constantly showing up on my tests and also having so many treatments for it to still carry on.
Has anyone else been in this situation? I’ve had enough now and surely there is a limit of how many times they can do the LLETZ treatment.
I am also still uncomfortable in my pelvic area from the biopsies, I’m so tired and drained.
Sorry for the long post just wanted to get it all out and maybe see if there is anyone who can give me some advice or highlight anything I should bring up at the appointment.
I also have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, anxiety, IBS and PCOS (amongst other things)
Thank you all so much and hugs to everyone else going through everything at the moment too xxx

Hello,

I’m really sorry you’re going through all of this too. It’s really tough at times, especially when it keeps coming back!

Mine has been going on since 2013 and I’m now in an endless cycle of colposcopy - waiting - treatment - waiting…

Sometimes it feels like like it’s got easier as I know what to expect and then I get another bad result and it freaks me out.

Wishing you all the best for your next appointment x

1 Like

Aw thank you hun and sorry your going through the same. I’ve just totally had enough now. Big hugs and hope your appointments go ok x

1 Like