erosion, abnormalities & biopsy...

Hi all,

1 month ago I went to the doctor after experiencing horrible discharge, irregular periods and blood after sex.
(She checked me there and then with swabs and found a sore on the cervix… have no infections, and was sent for a pelvic ultrasound & colposcopy. getting the results of ultrasound back tomorrow)

Im only 21 so have never had to have a smear test… Had the colposcopy yesterday and she said she saw abnormal calls and took a punch biopsy. In addition, she said I had an erosion of the cervix so she cauterised that too. Are my symptoms due to the erosion???

Im confused about the ‘abnormalities’ though - is this something that will probably go away on its own and was a coincidence that she found, i assume these havent been giving me my symptoms as its probably not that far progressed? im all rather confused, and worried… trying to finish my degree with this ontop is not fun !!!

xxx

Hi may,

i visited my GP in november with the exact same symptoms as you, she told me my cervix was inflammed/possible erosion so referred me to colposcopy as all swabs were clear. I had the colposcopy 3 weeks ago today, the consultant took a biopsy after applying the vinegar stuff, and also done my smear which was almost due.

Im not really much help to you as all the consultant told me was she may treat me, but may just discharge me after she gets the biopsy results, and when i asked did she think it was CC she said "no nothing like that so dont worry", sorry i cant be more helpful, just wanted to let you know that im going through the same x

Thank you - good luck with your results. its such a long wait!!! xx