Biopsy and smear

Hiya everyone just wanted some support and some questions answered by people going through the same thing... Firstly il tell you abit about me.... I'm 23 years of age and for the past 9months or so Iv had spotting between periods, bleeding after sex and back pain combined with a slightly yellowish discharge, I have been back and forward to the drs multiple times and had all sorts of swabs to check for infection - all clear.. eventually I went back to my gp with my mum in tow demanding she examine me again, on examining me she could see my cervix was bleeding and told me it was probably a cervical ectroption/ erosion whatever they call it caused by me being on the pill and Arranged for me to go for a colposcopy to have it sealed. i went for my colposcopy ( I wanted to chicken out, had just broke up with my partner ) and they conducted a smear and took a biopsy of a area that looked white and raised when they put the vinegar stuff on.. That was the 30th of June, and still waiting for my results. As you can inagine I'm freaking out, this morning I noticed a bit of blood when I went to the toilet ( I ran two pill packs back to back so might just be some spotting ) but I'm worried sick. Any advice would be appreciated!! X

Hey there :). Firstly well done for going to the colposcopy! Sorry you're having a tough time, I wonder if you could ring the hospital or gp to see if they have your results yet? I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry, keep your mind occupied if you can. Good luck with the results and sorry I can't be of more help xxx

thanks Jojo I rang them and was told it could be up to 6 weeks!!!! Don't think I can wait that long, the not knowing is killing me! Did you have any symptoms like mine? 

xxx

Hi Ruby1512

Sorry to hear you're having some unpleasant symptoms, and well done for going ahead with the colposcopy when you weren't feeling great. The wait for results is horrid - it really is the worst part for me, I literally do not stop thinking about it. And I constantly have the worst case scenario running through my head which doesn't help. I keep trying to think that worrying doesn't change anything and we just need to remind ourselves that we're in the best hands, but it is hard. Hope you're feeling okay and try not to worry about the spotting. Perhaps ask to speak to your GP over the phone just to ask if it's anything to be concerned about. Hopefully it's just related to taking the pill back-to-back. x

Aug 2013 - turned 25, clear smear result

Jan 2015 - smear taken as part of routine 'full body' health check-up - results show HPV 16 high risk, and CIN 1 confirmed
Jan 2015 - colposcopy, CIN 2 confirmed, biopsy taken - results inconclusive, return in 6 months for another colposcopy
July 2015 - 6 mth repeat colposcopy - abnormal cells seen, biopsy taken, and smear
July 2015 - smear results show HPV 16 moderate changes, biopsy result inconclusive (again) - lletz carried out. 
Awaiting results, due in 2 weeks

It seems so unfair that they're making you wait so long but as a general rule of thumb they say "no news is good news". Did they talk you through what they could see at the colposcopy? I didn't really have any noticeable symptoms as I was just going for my first routine smear. Like Sophie says remember your in good hands :). Xxx