Emotions all over the place!

Hi Ladies

I’ve started a new thread as I don’t want to hijack Leeanne’s.
Thank you all for your kind and supportive messages. I’ve been feeling really scared and wobbly so you have really helped. I’m wavering from feeling completely devastated to thinking myself lucky that they can operate and they are still talking cure. It’s been such a shock as I have no symptoms, completely back to my old self and everyone tells me how well I look. I’m so worried about telling my 14 year old as he thinks I’m cured and this is going to knock him for six. It’s just the two of us and we are so close and the thought of telling him is upsetting me more than anything. Anyway we’ve got two weeks holiday coming up so I’m not going to tell him before that if I can avoid it. (He has been saying on and off this weekend that I look sad so I think he’s guessing something is up.)
Thanks again for your support; it is so much appreciated. Wow Julie-10 years! That gives me so much hope.
Jillx

Just wanted to send you huge hugs Jill

(((((HUGS)))))

Yeah! Isn't Julie amazing! You can be too you know ;-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you Tivoli, you are a diamond and those hugs are sorely needed.  I told my colleagues today and they are stunned and can't believe it.  They're being very sweet to me and I'm drowning in cups of tea!

Yes Julie is going to be my inspiration.  I'm determined to be here in 10 years' time to give other ladies in my situation the hope she's giving me.

Jillx

Hi Jill

The way you are feeling is completely normal, I remember being exactly the same. I had 3 young children at the time, I just looked at it that I was one of the lucky ones to be offered the operation so I could see my children grow up. Its a very big operation and no it's not easy and takes some getting used to but 10 years later I am still here. Try and stay positive as I really believe the more positive you are the easier it will be to get over the operation and recover. If you want to ask any questions please contact me, I am always here to help you. When are you having the operation?

Love Julie xx

Hi Julie.  I will certainly take up your offer and will probably bombard you with so many questions questions you will be sick of me!  I don't think it's really sunk in at the moment and it doesn't seem real just yet.  I haven't got a date but they want to fit it in the schedule as soon as possible after I get back from holiday so probably in a month from now.  Dreading it but in another way just want it done.

Thanks again

Jillx

Hi Jill:

So glad that  Julie has taken you under her wing. Nothing beats having someone who has been there, done that and is now doing great.

Have a lovely holiday and keep us posted.

love t x

Hi Teresa.

Yes I feel blessed by the support I'm getting here.  I'm slowly getting my head round things but the whole thing is still rather daunting.  It seems wrong being hacked about when it feels like there's nothing wrong with me but they say my otherwise perfect health will carry me through.  I'll let you know how I get on and probably whinge quite a bit too!

Thank you for your support.

Jillx

Hi Jill.

I've just seen your posts. I had a total pelvic exenteration 3 weeks ago.

Julie has been fantastic support having had the operation herself and has been helping me a lot. 

If you have any questions before or after the operation feel free to message me on here, I will be happy to help. 

My advice in the mean time is to try to put it to the back of your mind (so hard I know) and have a fantastic holiday with your son. We had a few nights away with our 13 month old before my operation and it was just what I needed. 

The ladies on here are amazing, they really get you through the tough times.

Cara xxxxx

Hi Cara

I hope you are doing well after your operation.  It must be pretty difficult with such a little one around. At least mine is 14 so can look after himself to some extent (although he is of course still my baby!)

Thank you for taking the time to post while you are still recovering. I'm sure I will think of loads of things to ask but promise not to pester you.

I'm sending you lots of hugs and very warmest wishes for a speedy recovery.

Take care

Jillx

Hi Jill.

You ask as many questions as you need to and don't ever think you're pestering. It's good to be prepared for this kind of thing. I know the surgeon tells you things but it's different to speak to people who have actually had the surgery. Besides, I have plenty of time on my hands as I'm pretty much glued to the sofa at the moment. 

I am finding it tough with my daughter as I can't play with her or pick her up so it's tough on me if she's crying as I cant help. If my partner is at work my parents have been looking after her so I can get my rest. I admitted to myself straight away there's no way I could look after her on my own, she's all over the place at the moment. Like you say at least your son can look after himself in that way and  sounds like he will help look after you as well. 

Do you know where you are having the operation? Just my surgeon said not that many hospitals do it so quite often people end up in London. Not me though, I was in Gateshead.

Love Cara xxxxx

Hi Cara.

I bet you can't wait to be able to pick her up and have fun together.  The good thing is she's too young to remember any of this.  

I'm having my operation in Cheltenham and the hospital is only about a mile from my house so it's been very handy for me all the way through.  My mum is coming to stay while I'm in hospital and for as long as I need her when I'm home (which I hope won't be too long as I love her dearly but she drives me nuts!)

Have a good long rest on that sofa.  I'm sure to be bothering you with lots of questions once I start to get my head round everything.  I think I'm still in denial!

Take care

Jillx

Hi Jill,

I have no experience of what you are to go through, but I just wanted to wish you well and to give my support. I had my RH and treatment at the same place and felt very well looked after. I also made use of the Maggie centre which is nearby, and which you no doubt know about....a haven of peace and tranquillity from the madness of hospitals. Hope you can put it all to one side and enjoy spending time with your son this week. Big hugs xx

Hi Jill.

It's great the hospital is so close...I had a two hour drive home which wasn't ideal. 

Your mum will be a great support to you. 

I did the same thing as you in a way, just ignored it until it was time to have it done. Worrying about it constantly before it's even happened isn't going to help anybody. You have a fab holiday and as soon as you have anything to ask we will be here to help.

Love Cara xxxx

Hi Jill

Just sending you some more hugs and love. Sounds like you have such a beautiful realtionship with your son, how gorgeous!

Rosie xx

A great big thank you to everyone.  I'm totally overwhelmed by how lovely you all are.  If there is one good thing to come out of this it has reminded me just how much kindness there is in the world. 

Lots of love to you all

Jillx

PS Yes Rosie, I am a very lucky Mum.  I'm probably just a tiny bit biased (ha ha) but my boy is the sweetest, most loving son anyone could wish for, even if he is several inches taller than me and I have to reach up for a hug!

:-)

The world is filled with truly beautiful people. Sadly we are constantly told otherwise.

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli