Early stage

Hi

I had a cone biopsy two weeks ago for early stage cervical cancer. I have a appt on Tuesday to discuss what will happen next. I didn’t really take much in when I first found out. Anyone know what is likely to happen next?

Hello my lovely!

More than likely there’ll be further investigations to find exactly what stage you are and what treatment if any you’ll need. MRI and PET scans will be able to tell them this.
What you’ll find difficult is the waiting. Its seems like forever but you’ll get there

1 Like

Thank you!

Hi @Coco17

When the results are analysed from the cone biopsy it may be that the very early cancer has been removed with clear margins, in which case there would be no further concern. Scans are not able to pick up very early stage cancer-it needs to be a certain size, so you may not have scans.

I don’t think I’ve listened properly. Sorry it’s a lot to take in! Now ive got myself all confused. If needed would they do another cone biopsy? I’ve been unwell with other things so this was found out because of that. I must listen more next time. :cry:

My bad - ive maybe given the wrong info unintentionally.
Yes Lilypingu is right.
My bad

Not at all @Shammy716. We are both only making assumptions based on the info given, but we can’t actually know. Hope you’re doing ok with treatment yourself. x

2 Likes

Of course @Lilypingu just thought oh dear ive jumped the gun as per usual! :woman_facepalming:
Doing well ! Cycle 3 over the next 2 days - slightly nervous as I had a reaction to Taxol last time but its got to be done!
Hope you’re well too x

1 Like

I’ve never had strong chemo, only Cisplatin but from friends who’ve gone through it, it sounds a toughie.

Hope you do better with this cycle but so glad you’re doing well overall. I’m doing ok, formally now classed as disabled but it’s a small price to pay to be here when I wasn’t expected to be! x

3 Likes

I hope you’re receiving the support you need with your disabilty. I think thats a price many of us would pay to be here , myself included.

I now qualify for personal independence payment, which will help, but I’ll never be able to work again and money is always a worry at the back of my mind. Because I’m housebound, I’m already panicking about the fact of increased energy bills-I can’t move around and get about like most people to keep warm, so am anticipating a pretty miserable winter where I simply won’t be able to have the heating on.

I’m hoping to be able to start with physiotherapy led Pilates but need the extra cash to be able to afford it on a one to one basis because a class wouldn’t be possible for me.

You are literally just abandoned after the surgery and it’s assumed you are fine, so it’s difficult to know how to access any help I’ve found. x

1 Like

We have a programme here called Move More. Its funded by Macmillan. Its free sessions of things like Yoga , Pilates , Walking and other higher impact excersise. I was told that it would be tailored to the abilities of the user. I had a phone call about holistic therapies with a Cancer Nurse and she told me about them all. Ive also been reffered for a 6 week block of reflexology and counselling. It would be great if they had that in your area. Also Macmillan do financial grants to help with the cost of living. I was offered this but kindly declined as my Husband works full time and Im entitled to sick pay .

I did manage to get a 6 week block of counselling which was very helpful, but I’ll have a look at your suggestions, thank you. I got the grant form for Macmillan when I was first diagnosed, but didn’t apply as money wasn’t the same issue then. I was lucky to be able to access a private pension but need to be a bit more frugal with that! x

1 Like

Sorry your both going through this mine seems pretty easy compared to the both of you. I hope you are both ok x
Had my appt. I need an MRI to check for
Lymph node involvement. Then I will have a hysterectomy and or chemo/radio.
It’s been caught early. I listened this time, you wouldn’t believe I was a nurse would you! But the cancer word is so shocking when you hear it for yourself :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Yes, the word cancer is just such a shock you go onto autopilot and don’t always absorb everything else they’re telling you.

Hopefully the mri will confirm no lymphnode involvement and you will be able to go ahead with the hysterectomy.

We are the unlucky ones who have had to deal with more treatment but if yours has been caught early then a hysterectomy might be all you need. Hope your scan goes well and you’re soon able to put this all behind you. x

Just here to say I had a cone biopsy in April of 2017 and have been cancer free ever since. Just wanted to give that hope. Although I still plan on having a hysterectomy for my own sanity, I was able to squeeze in two healthy baby girls before I do

1 Like

I hope you recover soon🙏🏻May I ask you what is the stage you have been classified into?
I am 1a1 (very early stage) based on my Leep in June. I am heading for a second cone because the margins were involved with cin2 and 3, but it seems the carcinoma has clean margins

Hi

I’m stage 2 (just found out)

Hope your doing ok too
X

Hi Coco. I was stage 2 also. Nearly 5 years ago now. Lots of support on here <3

Hi Coco17,

I am sorry for your diagnosis. I was stage 2B 2 years ago. You will get though it!
Xxx