Don’t know if I should be worried....

Hello everyone. Okay for sometime I have been experiencing a lot of pelvic pain, periods are heavier and longer and frequent urination. I let my gyno know all of this when i Had my first appointment with her. She thinks it have a bladder problem because i ended up getting an ultrasound. At the time of my first appointment she did a pap.

Last week I received a call saying that I had precancerous cells or low squamous cells that were found so my pap was abnormal but HPV negative. They recommended that I came back in a year. Well in a year I’m moving to a new state and I’m just nervous that I could be cancer because of the other symptoms.

Should I wait a year or get a second opinion? Thanks

Hi, Being HPV negative is really a good sign, as this virus is the primary cause of CC (cervical cancer). Having low squamous cells are very mild changes, with a high chance of reverting to normal within 6 months (I had this 20 years ago and was gone within 6 months). For mild changes to become CC, this is a very slow process, having to go through several precancerous stages and taking 10-15 years. So I very much doubt your mild changes will turn into CC within a year.

I hope this helps you.