Does everyone go into menopause after radiation, and what's it like?

I had 28 external beam radiation treatments, and 4 brachytherapy internal radiation treatments.  The last radiation treatment was a month and a half ago.  I was told that I'd go into menopause due to my treatment.  I probably need to schedule an appointment with my GP to discuss.  I was wondering how many people in this forum experienced menopause after radiation, and what symptoms they had? I've missed my last 3 periods, so assuming I'm in it, but not really sure.  I had a few bouts of what I thought might be hot flashes.  I've also had hair falling out for weeks, and have had difficulty staying asleep.  But no mood swings.  I figure all these things could be signs of just what my body went through with treatment as well, so no clue.  Would love to hear what everyone else experienced.  Also, it sounds like HRT is the recommended thing to do if you're my age, 42?

Thanks for any advice/experience you can share.

Hey I'm 29 and have been put into menopause as a result of treatment. To be honest I feel pretty good/normal. I have had the very occasional hot flush but that's been it. Haven't had a period since May, my GP sent off for blood tests and confirmed in menopause xx 

Hi, I had about the same treatment and finished Oct. 5. I started having hot flashes and night sweats immediately and they were awful! Especially at night. I’m 38- my nurse practioner told me if you still have a uterus you need the estrogen to help prevent other issues until either your ovaries start working again (not very likely, but they will still re-test in a few months) or you reach age range of natural menopause. Anyhow, it’s complicafed so I’m sure your providers can explain it better than me! I’m still getting all the info in bits and pieces. In the meantime a week after I started HRT the sweats have ended. I wouldn’t wish those night sweats on my worst enemy...

Thank you both for your responses.  I did not know that there was a blood test that could confirm menopause.  I will definitely meet with my GP as I'm assuming they can help me figure all that out.  Thanks again!