Did anybody not have Brachytherapy?

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick question...

I had a radical hysterectomy in November and now having further treatment (my choice). 5 chemo and 25 radiotherapy but no brachytherapy. Is it normal not to have brachy as I’ve had surgery? 

There was an ‘admin error’ which had me down for brachy but no doctors have mentioned it to me, but now I can‘t help thinking was that an error or am I missing out on some treatment?

Thank you in advance :-) 

Hi Sponge

I also had a radical hysterectomy and did not have the brachy. I woundered the same as u if there was a mistake. I asked my radation doc. And he said i didn't need it. So i juat have to trust them. Pray all goes well for u. I figured it was because i was from the U.S and things was done different.:-)

I believe the brachy is for those that don't have the hysterectomy. It would do too much damage otherwise. I didn't have Brachy just the Wertheim's, Chemo and external radiation. 

Karen  

Thank you so much for your reassurance ladies! I did think this was the case but just started thinking I hope I’m not missing something!! I’m sure it would have been picked up by now anyway...I only have 3 more radiotherapy to go! Woo hoo! 

Thank you again :-) 

Hi. Like Mmouse, I too didn't have brachy, asked my rad oncologist and was also told I didn't need it. But I have read of others who have had it all. Hope your treatment is going well. All the best.

I think if you haven’t got a uterus, you don’t normally have brachytherapy .

Hi

I had a hysterectomy then chemo/radiation/bracy and I know other ladies that have as well. Different ways of treating it I guess?!

Cara xx

Thank you all for your replies :-)

I‘m sure the doctors and oncologists have their ways and means of deciding what is best for us...I have faith in mine and that’s all I could wish for really!

My treatment has gone very well with minimal side effects...I’m counting my lucky stars every day! 

Thank you all again ladies and I wish you all the best :-)

Hi, this is the first time in this forum, & I have needed to be able to talk to other ladies in my position. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer, I have had a radical hysterectomy losing my cervix, uterus,  ovaries &  falopian tubes. 4 weeks after surgery I am now having High dose Vault Brackytherapy. My cancer had entered the danger zone of the lining almost to the wall of the cervix which means the cancer cells have possibly lodged elsewhere.  The  whole experience is scarry but hoping for a good result in the end. Good luck to everyone in their personal battles.