Diagnosed Yesterday

I had my routine smear a few weeks back and the results came back as abnormal cells which were at a severe stage. I went for my coloscopy on 27th October where they took a biopsy. Yesterday i went to see the consultant who explained that the biopsy had shown Stage 1A1 cervical cancer. It completely floored me and even though it is at a very early stage, i am terrified. I am booked in for an MRI scan soon and scared it will show it has spread. They have all reassured me that everything looks positive for me but its like a dark cloud has appeared above me. I have a 10 month old son and keep thinking i am not going to see him grow up.

Hi. Sorry to read you have been diagnosed with cc. I am meant to be early stage but haven't been told exact stage yet. It is a huge shock to the system. It is good that they have said everything seems positive. There are other women on here who are 1A1 if you use the search function you may be able to find some of their stories. Aw you will see your son grow up, cc is very curable/treatable. When have they booked you in for your MRI? I haven't had one of those.Waiting is always the worst part but I am sure your 10 month old will keep you busy. Have you told anyone else like your partner or family? I am sure they will be there to help you if you need a break. Fingers crossed for your scan x 

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, as you can see from my details at the bottom I have been in a very similar situation.  I just want to reassure you that you will be fine.  Stage 1A1 is the earliest stage and is very treatable and very curable.  One of the first things my consultant said to me was that I would be absolutely fine.  That said, I know how scary and overwhelming everything can be. 

The chance of 1A1 having spread is about 1% so there’s a very high chance the MRI will come back clear just like mine did.  Some ladies on here weren’t scanned for 1A1, I think it depends on the hospital.  The consultant also said when my treatment finished that in the vast majority of cases, abnormal cells don’t come back and cervical cancer is very unlikely to come back.  We’ll be looked after closely for a number of years anyway.  It’s definitely a rollercoaster ride, emotionally as well as physically but you will feel better.  Thinking of you and here for a chat whenever you need it x

Hi I was diagnosed with cervical cancer stage 1a1 in January 2015 after having lletz to remove cin3. I had an mri which was clear and a cone biopsy which was also clear. 1a1 is a very tiny cancer that is easily removed. It's terrifying I know I was a mess and thinking the same as you as have 2 young children but don't let your mind run away with you, it's tiny and easily treated.  I was on 3 monthly checks now 6 monthly and all have been clear. Best wishes to you x

Hello
Well look at the lovely ladies that are also 1a1 girls that have come along to tell you that you will be ok! This forum is great as you will soon learn you are not alone.
Sending you a big virtual hug and to also let you know you will be ok!!

Hi Lyn :-)

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis but it seems you are in very good company :-) As others have already said, stage 1a1 is really unlikely to have spread and very, very curable. You're going to be fine. We're all here for you whenever you have a wobble or just fancy a chat :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Thank you for all your messages, it means a lot to know there are other women in this situation too. I had my MRI scan yesterday as they had a cancellation so just awaiting results of that. Trying to remain postive and my son is definitely keeping me busy.

Lynsey