Newly diagnosed

ey everyone. So glad I've found this group. I've recently been diagnosed with cervical cancer grade 1a1. Yesterday o had an MRI following normal procedure and I find out Friday if the cancer has spread to any other areas and what my treatments are. I'm a little concerned as during my MRI they went all the way to the top of my abdomen so I had to take my bra off when I only thought I was having the pelvic area done. I'm worrying that they may have found something or is this just standard procedure? I had a c section on my little boy 6.5 months ago wich is why I was late having a follow up smear. My main question really is was anyone initially diagnosed with 1a1 the. Found that it spread when you had the MRI results? Hoping for hysterectomy as I have 3 children and a step son so our family is complete and hubby has had vasectomy anyway. Thank you all in advance

Hello and sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I had cervical cancer 1a1 2 years ago when my youngest was only 1. I had it removed with a cone biopsy and I had an mri which was clear, they said 1a1 extremely unlikely to have spread. Good luck for Friday, let us know how you get on. Remember 1a1 is so tiny and has been caught very early so should be easily treated for you xxx

Hi Kirst :-)

I just wanted to reassure you that 1a1 is really incredibly unlikely to have spread anywhere. I wouldn't worry unduly about the scan seeming to go higher than you expected - better to get a clear picture of everything than to find out they got a fuzzy edge and have to call you back in for another. It happens :-)

Be lucky :-)
Tivoli

Hi :)

I panicked about that as well when I had my MRI. After a while I went in the machine further and then a bit further after that so I started thinking they must have been able to see some spread further up so that's why they were lowering me further into the machine! However, when I got the results, there was no spread outside of the cervix so it's probably just normal for them to do that.

Good luck with your results.

x